A Little Healthy Competition?

What do you think about Halo-ween photo contest?

• I think you may be on to something here...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks, I don't think I'll finish in time.

• Nope, not interested.

• This is by far the worst idea in the history of bad ideas,evar!

• A jar of almonds.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelVirusX

"Hey, wait a minute..."

"Whatcha thinking?"

"IDEA."

Ok, so a bunch of people are gearing up for Halo-ween. Soon after that date, there's going to be a huge amount of pics in the gallery of people showing off their completed armours, right? Of course there will be. It'll be the best time of the year to show off to your average Joe, non-con goer.

I propose a photo contest. It would be specificly for Halo-ween, with pictures taken on Halo-ween, with suits made for Halo-ween.

The objective would probably be something along the lines of a member having completed an armour for Halo-ween and showing it off at some point that day, with a short week or so aftewards, deadline of submitting pictures to a specified thread. Of course there would be a few categories to have more deversified pictures and a winner for each to be voted for in a poll of the respective category. Some examples of categories could be like: Best costume, best group shot, funniest shot, etc. Limit to one photo per category, per member.

Of course if the Elites start getting in on this, then we'll have to have seperate categories for them too.

I know there's alot of talk of boosting morale and unity around here and I think this would be a great way to get some of us Noobs commited to our porjects and actualy complete them on time. Some of us wouldn't need such an event to get ourselves working, but there are others who may want (need) more incentive. Though I'm not really offering any prizes or anything, though I think some forum props (maybe a trophy sig) would work best.

I would respectfully ask any interested mods to be judges for all of this, obviously.

I'm not suggesting this be a full-out, backstabbing, battle-royal. Not even close. I'm simply suggesting some friendly competition.

Think of this as a more organized way of showing off all your hard work to the community. With a deadline of course.

I know it's short notice, but it seems like as good a time as any.

-angelvirusx

f*** it, this sounds fun.

I'll throw in some handplates as a prize.

PRIZE BAMPH:

DSC00814.jpg

Bring your a-games bitches

Definitely in. Though me and Angel Virus are working our suits together. I can't wait to see all the crazy pictures people come up with!

maybe a point system for judgeing ?

Location of pic

Best costume

Funniest prop ? (Anything go)that’s tasteful

Etc..

Yodajammies said:
I want to see a Spartan T-bagging someone on top of a bar. That'll be a pretty strong contender in my book. :D

WE THINK ALIKE... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey this sounds like a pretty cool idea. What a great way to motivate people not to mention the great pics and maybe the occasional motivational poster that will rise from this.

Edit: It be cool if this became a new tradition on the forums. A halloween contest and all the while bringing everyone together and getting everyone motivated. Just a thought.

*grabs bag of popcorn*

Kensai showed me this thread and I agree...this sounds like a good idea! The Source/Home Page crew and I would be willing to help get this set up.

We did a little brainstorming today...let us know what you think of the following...

Prizes:

-Handplates from Yoda

-Spotlight Featured on the 405th Home Page complete with pictures and comments from the winners

-An autographed Helljumper and Odessa poster from the authors/artist

-Graphic medals for winners to add to forum signature

(+ more things we can drum up after today :) )

Format of the Contest:

Using the mod tools...

-I could start a thread for each respective costume category (below). Each thread would open a few days before Halloween and schedule to close on Nov. 1 exactly at midnight server time. Members could post their entries as photographs right up until that deadline.

-After the thread closes, the polls of each thread would become active and the other forum members would be allowed to cast their vote. That way, voters will be able to see all the entries before making their decision.

-Winners will be tallied after the voting closes the following night (that would be Nov. 2). If there are any ties, we'll hold a tie breaker. The winner(s) will receive whatever aforementioned prize applies to them in a timely fashion!

Potential Categories: (going along with Mirage's ideas here :) )

Best Costume

Best Prop

Best Group Photo (minimum 1 Halo costume in photo, 3 or more in shot)

Best Action Pose

Best Jr. Spartan (ages 12 and under)

Funniest Photo (PG 13)

(There's more we'd need to add specifically but perhaps you get the idea.)

Thanks!

Just because I feel like getting into this, would only Halo type costumes be allowed for judging or can other costumes be allowed too.

Also I will toss a Nightshade ODST Chestplate into the mix that has been resined and painted.

Wow everyone...I had no idea people would get so pumped for this (and in a short amount of time too!). This is great.

@ Yodajammies: Sweet actual prizes!

@ Yodajammies & MRIAGE: I can totally see an overwhelming amount of teabagging pics. Maybe it should have it's own category, hmmm.....

@ Vexona: Looks like you've got everything figured out there Vex. I would like to recommend a "Best Halloween Halo" category. Perhaps the voting time should be extended, to maybe a week? Just to give everyone a good shot at voting for their favs. We don't want this to over and done with too quickly right?

Rock on everyone! This is going to be great!

Jr. Spartan would be for the kiddos. Please, if you have a better name...help me :) I don't want them to feel like they are too young to be included.

A Misc. category might be ok! Since we're firstly a Halo Costuming site, I think the big prizes should be reserved for the Halo-type winners (or whatever the donors of the items prefer), but recognition on the main page, winner's badge, or other commendations would certainly be in order for folks who worked on a different kind of costume :)

Edit: Just saw your post Angel. Yes a longer voting period is probably a good idea! A few ppl may be...'recovering' from parties now that I think about it lol. Good thinkin :)

Yodajammies said:
f*** it, this sounds fun.

I'll throw in some handplates as a prize.

PRIZE BAMPH:

DSC00814.jpg

Bring your a-games bitches

Is this the first entry? cause i think its a winning pic.

Count me in.

So if you guys (mods) need any help with anything for this contest, I would like to offer my services. As a judge or something, not sure what kind of help you would need. I would like to have some part to play in all this.

@Stig I don't think we'll need official judges per se. Perhaps if there is a tie we will have a judge or 2 to make the call. Otherwise, I think the community will be a good decision committee :)

However the front page could certainly use some help!

@Angel If we want to spotlight each winner on the home page there's room for volunteers to interview the winners and post multiple photos cataloging their costume :) We'll be happy to give you and anyone else who wants to do some writing or photo gathering a writer login on the home page.

@Yoda And yup, as with what I said above, yes we will extend the voting/entry time in this proposal. We can set the dates to whatever since this is still just brainstorming.

BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge said:
Is this the first entry? cause i think its a winning pic.

Count me in.

Think you'll find thats the prize for winning.

Yes no entries yet. Just some proposals of prizes and how the contest could go!

However you like the handplates that much, you'll just have to enter when the time comes ;)

This doesn't sound like a bad idea. I would like to have my hayabusa costume done in time for this, but the weather is getting to be NOT the best working conditions. It's too cold and windy and all my stuff would just blow around outside. Having fiberglass blowing around is not good! lol

But I would like to see what other people come up with. And since you are having multiple categories, will the winner from each category receive a prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back