A new way to build a halo undersuit (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright basically this is a thread I made because i found a cheap easy way to build a halo undersuit.
I found some memory foam like atuff at my girlfriends house and i decided i'd try and make an awesome undersuit for my halo reach build. I took a large chunk of this foam and took a fabric market to it to draw out my stencil. I then dremeled it and cut out some peices and layered. I then took fabric spraypain to it. I then added my spine and velcro since it would need to be able to be put on and it ended up like this:
SDC11998_zps9255d092.jpg

SDC12000_zpse74d8dda.jpg

SDC12001_zps44e50d65.jpg

notice the unnevenness of the paint? yea thats my fault, but it'll be fixed. This is just a test of this material, but I think it could benafit some people.

Cool idea! Are you planning on making the entire suit out of the foam? I feel like that would be crazy hot. I know just foam armor itself can get crazy hot. I wore a Samus Power Suit made completely of foam and I seriously boiled in it. And the undersuit was made of just spandex.

i havn't thought of it, but it would be cool. It's really flexible though so it would get in the way of stability. I love the way this stuff feels though, it fits really nice on my abdomin and doesnt slip much.

I've been poking around the cosplay community for the last few months while we were being rebooted and came across this stuff called worbla. Here is a look on youtube
there are other vids as well. What I'm wondering is if this product has been tried before or if it could be used for any of our armor projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been poking around the cosplay community for the last few months while we were being rebooted and came across this stuff called worbla. Here is a look on youtube
there are other vids as well. What I'm wondering is if this product has been tried before or if it could be used for any of our armor projects.

I actually ordered a small sheet (worbla) and it came in the mail a few days ago so I'll be trying it out soon. I don't think it would be ideal for a full suit if only because the sheets are really thin (maybe like card stock?) and it is certainly not cheap especially if you end up layering it. It also has a textured side. I have a few things in mind for it so we'll see.
____

Interesting concept for the undersuit. The way you painted it, it looks like a rubber material. I can certainly see some applications for this. I know you said it's a kind of memory foam, do you have any other clues about it like brand or anything, specific components?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back