A Question About Time and Money....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seno 'Ypsamee said:
how far along are you?

what about procrastinators? maybe a year? lol, ill probably love it so much ill do it in a day, lol
Yeah... but then comes the curing and fiberglassing which will take hours :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Durlaburban said:
just fineshed my cardboard one for um wait for it FREE. the visor costs money though. about 20 dollars for me
you must know people...

tserrof said:
walmart = free cardboard boxes.. just ask
well, he had to of glued and all that, besides, i doubt ill use cardboard now, even though i could easily get it for free

So far my budget is thus:

Cheap-o Printer: $35 (I didnt have a printer, I needed one anyway :p)
250 sheets Cardstock: $7.50 on sale (half off)
Glue gun: $5, Pack of glue sticks, $5.
Xacto knife: $10 w/ extra blades.
1 gallon resin: $30
2x 8 sq.foot fiberglass cloth: $9
5x Disposable paintbrushes: $7
Disposable paint tray: $2
Gold Mirrored HJC Visor: $32.
Respirator: $28

Not including the printer, I've spent around $140 on parts. This is just for the helmet. I havn't assembled the rest yet, and this doesn't include painting either.

The overall cost of your suit depends wholly on the materials you use and how many details you plan to add. I've spent close to a grand so far (and probably around 150 hours), but I've had to get a lot of tools (I don't live with Mommy & Daddy and have to buy my own stuff) and an absolute horde of supplies. Also, I'm adding LEDs, Skullworx, helmet liner, dual visors, bodysuit, etc.

So if you've got a small budget, cardboard is the way to go. But if you have extra cash to burn, fiberglassed costumes is one helluva fun hobby!

Sikarian said:
So far my budget is thus:

Cheap-o Printer: $35 (I didnt have a printer, I needed one anyway :p)
250 sheets Cardstock: $7.50 on sale (half off)
Glue gun: $5, Pack of glue sticks, $5.
Xacto knife: $10 w/ extra blades.
1 gallon resin: $30
2x 8 sq.foot fiberglass cloth: $9
5x Disposable paintbrushes: $7
Disposable paint tray: $2
Gold Mirrored HJC Visor: $32.
Respirator: $28

Not including the printer, I've spent around $140 on parts. This is just for the helmet. I havn't assembled the rest yet, and this doesn't include painting either.

Having a Kick ass Halo Armor: Priceless... :p

instead of an exacto knife, I just used scissors.

But so far, my totals are thus far :

Cardstock : $5
Resin : $20
(thing I got came with some cloth I haven't used yet)
Glue Gun : $3
Glue Sticks(pack of 30) : $2

Total : $30

Now, i've assembled te helmet, bicep, forearm, foot, and the two shins, and I still have probably about 10 glue sticks left over.

I still have some things to buy (visor, more fiberglass, resin, glue, paint) but, it hopefully won't get much more than about 50 dollars. And it helps if you spread it out over time, at least for me. I mean, think about it, are parents going to get you a whole LOT of stuff that costs a lot at once, or a whole LOT of stuff that costs successive reasonable amounts over time?

That's what i'm going with anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back