A release and request

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have released my unfold earlier but I noticed that the .obj file was not pep-ready. Since it was a raw game rip, there were lots of extra and intersecting planes. I took the liberty of editing the original file by removing those planes as well as adding support struts. I also re-oriented the model to make it easier to scale to your arm length. Here's my unfold scaled at 33 cm. This should be long enough for most people.

Mickey ODST Shoulders

Thank you Jimmy... and a big thanks Ral for getting this unfolded!

Appreciate you guys doing this and your time!

Cudos from Cujo!

i got a request here... maybe one of the boot? Cause the current one (the one from WETA i think) isn't that ...nice looking? yay! i'm gonna where it over my shoes!

Edit:Here's the helmet. There is a good chance that there are flipped faces, that happens a lot when ripped straight from the game. http://www.filefront.com/17709938/civilian_police.obj2.obj

Easy way to sort that out is to import the .OBJ into Blender and use the 'Normalise' function (CTRL+N). I took the liberty of doing this for you and cleaning up some of the internal junk, but the file still needs a good cleanup and smoothing.

http://www.4shared.com/file/raydA71V/NMPD_ODST_Gamerip.html

Enjoy.

EDIT: Also, if you can rip Halo 3 assets, could you send some of the helmet OBJs my way please?

That's good to know, thanks. I can rip anything from Halo 3 and ODST, so I'll get the helmets for you.

That'd be awesome. If you have any files you need me to work on in the meantime, please shoot me a PM with links to each individual file, and a description of what you need doing to each.

Hey Jimmy, can you send me a pm with links or w/e so I can learn to rip from ODST? I really want some of the files from that game. Like the police car for example, I want to turn my "parts vw bug" into one next year.

I honestly don't remember where I downloaded the tool, I've had it for quite some time, but I can upload it and give it to you along with instructions on how to use it.

Hey Jimmy....

Just curious... any way of ripping Mickey and Dare's backpack TEXTURES? I have the files for the packs but would like the textures if that is possible....

Thanks man!

Cujo

It's 'JTag' and I'd advise against it. As far as I'm aware the 405th isn't really the place to be openly discussing how to rip things from games, comes under the 'no hacking' rule.

Actually, my Xbox isn't modded. I was able to find all of the map files online. But yes, I'm able to get textures, it doesn't always work right but I'll try.

Thank you... I am looking for the parts oif the textures that would show the interface or electronics portion of the packs...

Thank you sir!

Cujo3131

Hello and sorry to bother...

If possible, would it be possible to get a front on and side profile pic of a complete ODST? It doesnt matter which character. Im also working on building up an ODST set of armor, and Im looking for a good reference for armor placement and scale.

It seems that there are alot of ODST builds. It would be awesome to have a gallery of completed ODST soldiers. The 405th ODST regiment. :D

It's 'JTag' and I'd advise against it. As far as I'm aware the 405th isn't really the place to be openly discussing how to rip things from games, comes under the 'no hacking' rule.
Yeh, fair enough. I just edited my post to fit with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back