A Small Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSpartan177

hey guys i have a really small question,

today i went to staples to get some cardstock but when i checked the price of cardstock i was like omg 8 bucks for only 100 sheets. so im asking if 8 bucks its expensive???

oh, and i also have another small question, what kid of Xacto knife should i get??? because i found many kinds like a #1 knife, #2 knife, Pro Knife.....etc... i dont really know the difference but which kind of knife should i get???

I work at staples but I don't recall it being that much, maybe price difference in the regions. I'm Riverside area so I dunno. I use a #2 for all my stuff I think the blades a bit wider on that because some of the other ones look thinner.

$8 for 100 sheets is a good deal, but always look up better deals elsewhere before you purchase Cardstock. As Teletron said, you'll get the best prices at wallmart. ;)

Alex spartan177 said:
hey guys i have a really small question,

today i went to staples to get some cardstock but when i checked the price of cardstock i was like holy sh!t 8 bucks for only 100 sheets. so im asking if 8 bucks its expensive???

oh, and i also have another small question, what kid of Xacto knife should i get??? because i found many kinds like a #1 knife, #2 knife, Pro Knife.....etc... i dont really know the difference but which kind of knife should i get???

I bought an X-acto basic knife set (the one with three holders & a variety of blades), but I ended up almost exclusively using #11 blades with the medium blade holder. You COULD use scissors, or pretty much anything else that cuts, but that would probably take forever. It doesn't really matter what you use to cut with, as long as you're satisfied with the results and can use the tool safely. Remember to wear safety glasses --- I think that it's often overlooked when cutting this stuff out, but the tips of the blades can snap off & go flying. Flying into your eyes would be bad. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
8 bucks for only 100 sheets. so im asking if 8 bucks its expensive???

I recommend looking in the office supplies section of Wal-Mart, there's usually 150 page packs of cardstock next to the printer paper, and is only $5 per ream (at least, it is here).

I recommend buying a set from Staples. I agree with the #11 Dom recommended, and last time I checked you could get the knife along with about 5 replacement blades (you'll want them in case the tips start snapping off) for only a few bucks. Of course, if you're concerned about using knives you may want to stick with scissors, but X-Acto knives are considerably faster if you know how to use them.

I go to wal-mart to get my cardstock and it's $5.48 for 150 sheets. Wal-mart is the only place I have even gone to get my cardstock because most likely an office supply store may be a little more expensive since that is what they specialize in.

250 for like 15$ but its multiple colors...kinda trippy maken stuff with it...

I just use realy crapy old little kid scissors, there made so you cant realy mess up with cuts.

And dont use a xacto knife. you can realy REALY mess stuff up, and cut your hand/finger if you slip horabley.

just my 2 cents....

As the same as others, $6 for a pack of 150 sheets at Wal-Mart.

$8 for 100 doesn't seem too terribly bad. But if you have a Staples, odds are good that you have a Wal Mart somewhere nearby. I'd try there next time.

Like everyone else has said head over to a Wallmart they have the cheapest prices on card stock that i could find.

If you're going to be cutting for any extended period of time I highly recommend getting an ergonomic xacto :-( my thumb starts hurting on the standard handle after a couple of hours. Safety glasses are a great idea when cutting out cardstock. I've had many (just about every one it seems like) tip of the blade fly at my face at some point. Another thing I like is a cutting mat. Makes it a lot easier to make straight cuts and doesnt dull the blade as fast as just using sheets of cardstock or wood behind the one you're cutting.

I think that's kinda expensive, but then again, I'm from Montana and pay like...nothing. Dan's 500-sheet thing is probably the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back