About Materials...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedaro

hello to everyone, i was watching some videos on youtube and i discovered this website.

I watched this video a lot of time,but i don't understand one step.

The girl that explain the 5 steps says:"use FiberGlass just inside never outside..." so what shell they use outside pepakura paper?

when she refined pieces, it seems something like latex or some type o filler.

I want to try to use this way to build my armor suite and to partecipate at next comics event in my country, please help me out ! XD

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the fiberglass will become the new shell. If you fiberglass the outside, you get all the details on the inside, and you dont want that.

understood, but in the video when they work on pieces to refine them, they look so white, and fiberglass is not white so i was thinking about they use some bondo(body filler),or not?...

theres quite a few things you can use to refine the out side bondo body filler witch is the more used some of us use wood putty but the white is bondo body filler

Dedaro said:
understood, but in the video when they work on pieces to refine them, they look so white, and fiberglass is not white so i was thinking about they use some bondo(body filler),or not?...

The video is sweet, but in my opinion it's pretty worthless... It does a very good job and showing the very basic steps, it sparks interest, but really doesnt go in-depth enough.

stop worrying about the video, it got you here... But now that you are here spend a day and read ALL the stickies, browse through members WiP threads... This is a very good way to learn, many members use different methods, you may see one way try it and not like it, you might try another and that sticks with you...

Just read threads, PM a member if you have a question on how they did something, we have a Great QA team that can always help you out, and we have a nice thread for questions.

good luck.

Dedaro said:
hello to everyone, i was watching some videos on youtube and i discovered this website.

I watched this video a lot of time,but i don't understand one step.

The girl that explain the 5 steps says:"use FiberGlass just inside never outside..." so what shell they use outside pepakura paper?

when she refined pieces, it seems something like latex or some type o filler.

I want to try to use this way to build my armor suite and to partecipate at next comics event in my country, please help me out ! XD

Thank you :)

Haha I love IndyMogul!! But that video isn't really the best tutorial. Please try not to rely on videos too much. There are topics on 405th that are a hell of a lot helpful and talks about detailing and etc.

DreadMullet said:
The video is sweet, but in my opinion it's pretty worthless... It does a very good job and showing the very basic steps, it sparks interest, but really doesnt go in-depth enough.

stop worrying about the video, it got you here... But now that you are here spend a day and read ALL the stickies, browse through members WiP threads... This is a very good way to learn, many members use different methods, you may see one way try it and not like it, you might try another and that sticks with you...

Just read threads, PM a member if you have a question on how they did something, we have a Great QA team that can always help you out, and we have a nice thread for questions.

good luck.

100% true. That video is how I found 405th, but it's worthless because it doesn't give any detail.

Reading through the stickies to find different methods is a really good ides too, because it gives you options. When I started my armour, I "knew" I was going to use fiberglass and resin, but after trying it on my assault rifle, changed my mind. The hot glue method (which I thought was totally worthless) turned out to be a much better route. Find the experts in each aspect of armour making and the road will be much easier.

By the way, what country do you live in?

DeathOfBlades said:
Haha I love IndyMogul!! But that video isn't really the best tutorial. Please try not to rely on videos too much. There are topics on 405th that are a hell of a lot helpful and talks about detailing and etc.

IndyMogul rocks! :) This is my favourite IndyMogul video and it turns out to be their least informative and least helpful on it's own... Oh well, at least it led me to 405th, THE GREATEST WEBSITE EVER!

i come from italy man , sorry for my bad english :p..thank you to all anyway, i'm going to check some topic and tutorial in this forum thank you again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back