Absoultely Horrible Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seno Ypsamee

Well, that nice new computer I got is now messed up. After about a month of solid use, the power supply died. I wasn't totally sure what it was, but I remembered a burning smell last night, then just now one of the people in my clan told me to get behind it and smell to make sure that's what it was, and sure enough it was the same smell. Looks like my armor's gonna be put on hold for a bit... D:

Anyone else having any bad luck recently? :lol:

yup one crt monitor died so i had to get lcd cause thats all thats being sold now. but the bad thing is theres no resolution size for a dual screen. each screen is 1600x900 and the resolution i want is 3200x900 but it wont find that resolution. so im stuck with either a streched screen or and extended screen. i dislike the extended screen but it will do untill i have a way to fix it.

CommanderFluffy said:
yup one crt monitor died so i had to get lcd cause thats all thats being sold now. but the bad thing is theres no resolution size for a dual screen. each screen is 1600x900 and the resolution i want is 3200x900 but it wont find that resolution. so im stuck with either a streched screen or and extended screen. i dislike the extended screen but it will do untill i have a way to fix it.
Ouch. I have an LCD now, too. I like it better than my old CRT, but for now, I'm back using that very CRT monitor and this older computer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had bad luck in the last 5 years, but some of my friends have. I'll just say that buying quality (ie. Intel + nVidia) and always calculating +50% over the top helps.

Could be anything, heat, new GPU/miscalculation, bad luck/bad part. On LAN parties, I've seen everything a lot. Exploded caps, melted AMD cpus, GPUs with hairline cracks, CRT monitors shorting each other out because of the horrible magnetic fields (that is scary). Anyone spending more than 3-4 hours in front of a screen should have LCD by now, they're so dirt cheap and much better (except for people who need color calibration/wide gamut).

CommanderFluffy: I've got two monitors here, 1680x1050 + 1024x768 = 2704x1050, no problem on my geforce. update your gpu drivers and see if it works then.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i tryed updateing and all but eh it still wont work the way i want it to.. guess im stuck with extended desktop for a while.

Not me, but I feel for a friend of mine. I tried to walk him through fixing his wireless last night.

All started with asus support telling him he needed to reinstall vista, broke all of his drivers because they didn't give him the right restore disc. Now he's too mad to talk to asus support again and I guess is going to try to do an exchange at best buy today.

Day 34 after purchase, he needs some luck with best buy's policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back