Soft Parts Accurate Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw in another thread a great reference picture of a Master Chief's MkVI glove from the Starry Night ad. It gave me some thoughts as to what might go into a SPARTAN's glove.

Here's my crappy MSpaint sketch (sorry for the horrid compression, I forgot to save as PNG)
cloves.jpg

And here's the original so you can see it without my markings (and less compression)
starrynightbubble.jpg

You can see in these screenshots that this is pretty accurate to the game glove.

My thought was that one could find the base glove, perhaps even with the rubber gripping pads on the inside, and add the other parts. This way you could get the best of both worlds: Accurate and well-made.

Things to note:
The strap on the index finger seems not to go all the way around.
There seem to be "caps" on the ends of the fingers.
The tips of the fingers may or may not have padding in the Starry night version, while they are definitely wider in the game version.
The straps are different widths for each finger.
The thumb is completely different.

Thoughts? More reference pictures? I'm just throwing this out there, so it's not been terribly well thought through or anything.

I've thought it over as to what could be used for gloves, and I thought that paintball gloves would be good because there is alot of detail on them, also the gloves Adam Grumbo uses are good.

i would say that it looks like 2 golves, a finger-less glove that holds is attached to the armor hand gard thing and an underglover. thats just me tho

mjolnir follower said:
so faar so good,its just that having multiple parts may make it uneven

I concur ;)

ostly because I already have some that I plan to spray paint and use. They just have some rubber parts on them that i'll take a seam ripper to to take off, then I'll paint black. IT should work, and they have some really good grip and ventilation. I go cheap and repurpouse

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back