Achilles/ mark IV gen 1 build

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by SPARTAN1803, Mar 4, 2017.

1. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

thanks man!!

2. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

ok, so i guess im a noob but i have tried the halo costuming wiki and i got to the halo wars files, i want to start the chest so i open the link and there are several download buttons, i click the one at the center of the page with and arrow in a box, it takes me to the next page where i have to wait 60 seconds, the timer doesnt count down. am i doing something wrong or is there another webisite i can get the armor from?

*edit

found them!!!
    Halo Wars - MJOLNIR Mark IV - Standard

i may have to find a different cod piece though

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Dirtdives and mblackwell1002 like this.
  3. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

So I got the shoulder done, just need to add the out lips. I also got the chest plate to the size tester done. I'm thinking it's too big. Height looks almost right but the width need too come down. Man I suck at scaling :(. I'm guessing I'll scale the width down about half an inch. What do you guys think?

DBEEF12E-71CA-42B9-8E56-57081ED6D9CB.jpg IMG_0164.JPG IMG_0320.JPG

Dirtdives likes this.
  4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Yeah, way too big. 15-20% too big i estimate....

SPARTAN1803 likes this.
  5. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

Agreed, I'm thinking about taking it down by a half inch

Dirtdives likes this.
  6. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

I think you might need to reduce it by 1-2 inches, it's covering you arms by quite a lot.

Dirtdives and SPARTAN1803 like this.
  7. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

You're spot on, I decreased it by 15% (2.7 inches) and it is turning out a lot better. I wasn't able to get much done last night but here is a comparison.

IMG_0335.JPG

Once I get the full chest portion done it'll be easier to tell but I think it's spot on!

Dirtdives and mblackwell1002 like this.
  8. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

Well taking it down 15% has seemed to work. My arms can get past and barely nudge the sides. Time to get started on the actual chest

IMG_0344.JPG

9. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Dam...How is it I can help other people w/ their sizing issues but can't get my own stuff the correct size w/o re-doing it a dz times?!?!?!?!? Dam I suck!!!! Great job SPARTAN1803, Now get building dude!!

Thom A293 and SPARTAN1803 like this.
  10. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

I got a bit done this morning but nothing worth posting just yet

Dirtdives likes this.
  11. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

Well the upper chest is done!!! Probably gonna work on it a bit more in the morning.
    IMG_0375.JPG IMG_0383.JPG IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0390.JPG

12. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

13. TheBlueDragon25

TheBlueDragon25 New Member

It looks so much better compared to the first keep the great work up

14. mike bike

mike bike

Maybe toothpaste will work? It dries similar and good for people who don't like mustard like myself haha I'll try it out when I paint

15. mike bike

mike bike

SPARTAN1803 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  16. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

Thank you all very much! It's kinda slow going right now, I'm only getting a couple hours a night to work on it and the detail is the most I've had in a piece

17. JD of Asgard

JD of Asgard

those green detail lines look awesome.

18. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

Thanks man! Taping them off was a HUGE pain! Now that I have an airbrush it should be a lot easier. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do for the rest of the armor. I definitely want to use EL sheets for lighting. The picture I have attached is what I have planned for the shins except the center piece. Doing all 3 spots might be a bit of overkill!
    IMG_0431.JPG

19. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

Well the front is done!! Got a bit of the collar started I'm hoping to get to the back tomorrow night. Guess I should make the braces for it soon to help it keep its shape when I'm not working on it
    IMG_0440.JPG IMG_0448.JPG

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  20. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Nice job! Halo wars builds are very impressive because of the complexity and depth of the armor, and this is gonna turn out great!

21. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

Thanks man! It's taking forever. Longer then I'd like but it's worth it. Not much of an update but I've got a shoulder strap completed. I'm not going to do anything with it today. I've been looking at reference pics and I have some really awesome ideas for light throughout the armor!
    IMG_0464.JPG

22. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

Well I have lost a lot of motivation on this thing. Lack of time mainly but I'm slowly moving forward. IMG_0496.JPG IMG_0572.JPG IMG_0573.JPG

23. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member

Looks like your good to go with the scaling of the chest! Little tip, to help with the lack of motivation, no matter how much, or how little of time you have. Always remember the reason why you first started the build! Sure it seems like a long haul, but we fellow Spartans are coming along the ride with you. We aren't going anywhere. Keep pressing on!

SPARTAN1803 likes this.
  24. SPARTAN1803

SPARTAN1803 Member

And that's what makes us Spartans! Thanks man! I needed that!

25. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member