Advice For Finishing Armor In 1 Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

S15Costuming

I already finished a C.Q.B. Shoulder, but I need to make a Mark VI chest/C.Q.B. Chestpiece (slyfo), a Mark VI Shoulder, a ODST Helmet, and the other pieces for the spartan... how can I encourage myself to continue working on it BEFORE ODST's release date?

mjolnir follower said:
My dear friend,there is no way to complete it that fast,maybe you shouldve started a while ago.

D:

T.T *cries* aw man...I wanted to finish on time...but school is gonna get in the way next week... :(

...unless T.S. Ana and (hopefully) Hurricane Bill come to Miami!!! :eek

Last edited by a moderator:
hey,ive started at june on my MKVI and it recently got scrapped because it was destroyed.But hey,ive got a month for ODST armour,i wanna get it done for a con in october.

well, if you REALLY want some armor, here's what you should do.

1. find the coolest pic of whatever you are building that you can find.

2. print it out, and put it somewhere that you will easily see it every day.

3. by doing this, every time you see it, you should imagine yourself in armor like that.

that's what gets me going on my projects. hope it helps!

Shaymin Sky said:
well, if you REALLY want some armor, here's what you should do.

1. find the coolest pic of whatever you are building that you can find.

2. print it out, and put it somewhere that you will easily see it every day.

3. by doing this, every time you see it, you should imagine yourself in armor like that.

that's what gets me going on my projects. hope it helps!

Wow, That's actually a REALLY good idea.

Whenever I watch "Desperate measures", The ODST video. And See Dutch, It makes me wanna go outside and do more work instantly. Which I usually do...

It's a good Idea, And now you've said It I'm going to get as many awesome pics of Dutch and put em all over my shed wall so i can look at em while I work :)

The Stig said:
Advice to get it done quicker:

Get off 405th and go build armor...

Its very very possible.

i'm working on it while on the computer...

i'll explain in a video i'll make later today

It's very possible to complete it in less than a month, you just have to be dedicated and be willing to commit a lot of time to it. Don't get distracted by forums, web browsing, video games, etc. Set some mini-deadlines to make sure you're on schedule. It'll also help to have friends there to work with you and keep your sanity. Pepping by yourself gets boring fast and its easy to get distracted.

I "finished" and ODST suit in less than two weeks. I just took a lot of shortcuts to reduce the amount of pep. That's a little harder with the MJOLNIR-style suits, but it's something to keep in mind.

Also remember, if you have to cut down on the polishing and detail, at least make sure you get a good paint job. A good paint job will do wonders for covering up little flaws and defects.

Trooper0621 said:
It's very possible to complete it in less than a month, you just have to be dedicated and be willing to commit a lot of time to it. Don't get distracted by forums, web browsing, video games, etc. Set some mini-deadlines to make sure you're on schedule. It'll also help to have friends there to work with you and keep your sanity. Pepping by yourself gets boring fast and its easy to get distracted.

I "finished" and ODST suit in less than two weeks. I just took a lot of shortcuts to reduce the amount of pep. That's a little harder with the MJOLNIR-style suits, but it's something to keep in mind.

Also remember, if you have to cut down on the polishing and detail, at least make sure you get a good paint job. A good paint job will do wonders for covering up little flaws and defects.

my brother doesn't want to work on it because he thinks it stupid...maybe i can call my nieghbor.

The Stig said:
I think I understand? I pep while on the PC.

same here..

another thing i do while cutting out the pieces in bulk is i play halo 3 multiplayer online, in between matches (which comes often an in between) i take that time to cut instead of chat with the other players. it's a good way to have your cake an eat it too XD i get alot cut cause i will have a break from the frustrating cussing 12 year olds, an then i get a break from the mundane task of cutting paper XD

My dear friend,there is no way to complete it that fast,maybe you shouldve started a while ago.

My first suit was built in 19 days start to finish.

Looked like butt but it was done in less than a month.

Don't discourage the boy.

A Successfull way to build your armour in less than a month is to drink lots and lots of coffee....that way you can put in as many hours as possible...

Ok I really do not endorse drinking alot of coffee

Just put in as many hours as possible, dont get distracted, and anything is really possible if you have the mind set to get things completed!

Best of Luck!

they were right... inspire yourself,have dedication on what you are doing(have lots of materials readily available)... goodluck to you mate.

Ya know, I am now in the same boat as you. I was working in a full busa armor, but with the release of ODST just around the corner, I want to make DARE's outfit! :D My Busa armor is now on hold. I still plan on finishing it. :)

I plan on using every little bit of free time I have between college, working and taking care of the house to work on it. I love being creative so this sort of thing is LOTS of fun for me. I just kinda wish I thought of this sooner because I would probably have the helmet just about finished by now. XD

So just stay focused if this is what you want to do. Try not to get distracted and just keep telling yourself "gotta finish, gotta finish!" lol

JUST GO!! im making mine as i am reading forums and listening to music (gets me motivated :p). im in a crunch to bro. so far my back and chest peices are resined, making helm and stomach pieces now! you just gotta go. if you can, try and get family or friends to help!

I can't go to ODST's midnight release (if they do one) because it's on a school night!!! D:

what's worse is that I found out that the C.Q.B. Chestpiece is too small for me! *cries*

I might just go sell it on eBay or smoething when i'm done with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back