Afw 2009 Armor Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinigamiNG

Alright, here are a few pictures taken at the Anime Fest of Wichita last weekend. Would have gotten pics up sooner but I had to wait on other people to give me the pictures lol. Anyways, here is my armor!

5720_130358774605_748474605_3029755.jpg

6760_119111633776_746468776_2130222.jpg

6760_119111643776_746468776_2130223.jpg

Its not perfect, but for completing it in less than 3 weeks, I think it came out pretty good.

Ran into those 2 at the festival, knew them from high school waaay back. Did some poses, he let me borrow his guns lol. They were airsoft, and if I knew I could have just taped them like that and removed the ammo and batteries, I would have brought my FN2000 with a rifle scope that looks kinda similar to the Battle Rifle. Not exact, but close.

Anyways, have at it! My completed suit of Mjolnir Armor!

Wow looks great! A three week time period is amazing! And the suit looks great! Welcome the the 405th! Looking forward to seeing anything else you decide to try ;)

Lol thanks everyone! And yeah, the helmet actually is too small. I had to trim a LOT and it barely fit over my head with no padding. But, I didn't have time or enough fiberglass to do another one.

I was just glad to be finished. And the painting effect, was kinda like a failed attempt at weathering. It didn't turn out quite right lol.

But basically, I sprayed it all blue, then took black brush on acrylic paint, lightly brushed an area, and immediately wiped it off. I like how it turned out, but if I had more time, I would have gone back with silver touch up to show wear around the edges and some battle damage.

But really, thanks for all the kind comments! With a little more experience I would eventually like to make some much more detailed and stronger pieces. So eventually I'm gonna be getting some casting resin or learn how to use bondo a lot better lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back