Agent Carolina, RVB WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my girlfriend is wanting to build herself a set of Carolina armour too. We're both really new to this and thought we'd start by building some helmets. Would you mind sharing your pep files?

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/8172-The-Pep-Index-(wiki)
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26285-All-in-One-Halo-Pepakura-Pack

Just remember to scale the armor to fit your head correctly, there are lots of great tutorials on this site!

Thanks for that, but I think phixix has done some extra work to the helmet to make it look more like Carolina? We'd love a copy of those files if she'll share them.

We'll have to read up on fitment though, thanks for that.

Hey Chris! (And Girlfriend! :p) Welcome to 405th!
Of course that's not a problem. I'm going to unfold the file first and then post a link up in due time =]

For scaling your armour, Check out HaloGoddesses Pepakura scaling tutorial
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial

Also, make yourself familiar with the stickies posted at the top of every page, they will tell you everything you need to know to get started on your armour and more ( I still live by them =P)

If you've got any questions, fire away =]

-Phi

Her name is April by the way, I'm not sure if she's started an account here yet. We've used googlesketchup for our scaling based on some other tutorials. Using a reference image of a spartan and scaling that image to our height. We'll definitely be reading through every guide we can get. I think we're ready to start pepping today (hopefully, just about to go buy supplies) and I've been reading ahead a bit on rondo and fiberglass etc.

Do you have a preferred method of reinforcing pep'd pieces? Rondo? Fibreglass? That magic plastic stuff I think I saw in a guide somewhere?

I believe the magic plastic stuff is smoothcast- I don't use it myself though! I like to use epoxy resin as it dries lightweight compared to polyester. But where I can I use foam instead of pep, so it takes out the need and expenses for resin/fiberglass/bondo and is much more comfortable to wear =]

Wow, the helmet looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product. :) I want to make a Carolina costume too, but the pep files I found on the Halo wiki were really bulky compared to Carolina's - I guess Monty Oum wanted her armour to look more streamlined. Anyway, I was wondering (like Chris in the comment above) if it were at all possible to have the completed files posted? I don't think I'd ever be able to work myself up to a level where I'd be able to make a model of this standard - my field of knowledge lies mostly outside of technology. :p

Please let me know one way or another!

-pixie.

EDIT: Oops, just realised you've already answered this! I was looking for Carolina costuming stuff on my iPod and clicked a link that directed to the 2nd page of this thread, but I had to zoom to read the posts and that cut page navigation out of my screen. I suppose this proves my ineptness with technology. D: Sorry for wasting your time.

-pixie.

Wow, the helmet looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product. :) I want to make a Carolina costume too, but the pep files I found on the Halo wiki were really bulky compared to Carolina's - I guess Monty Oum wanted her armour to look more streamlined. Anyway, I was wondering (like Chris in the comment above) if it were at all possible to have the completed files posted? I don't think I'd ever be able to work myself up to a level where I'd be able to make a model of this standard - my field of knowledge lies mostly outside of technology. :p

Please let me know one way or another!

-pixie.

Of course Pixie I'll post it up as soon as I've finished unfolding it =]

-Phi

Hey guys, sorry for vanishing!!

I'm still around, but unfortunately university work has taken priority over the last few months and I had to cancel on the event i was making the Carolina suit for.
For those who sent PM's about the helmet- sorry I haven't replied! I'm halfway through an unfold of it last I remember.
I'm going to be working on this again later into summer when I have time and I'll upload a finished unfold of the helmet. It's going to have to wait unfortunately :(

Don't give up on me! I'll get back to work pronto!

-Clio

You better be coming back! I was having a feeling that this had become a one-horse race! :p

-Alexis

Who would have thought there would be so many RvB inspired suits out there. It's like they think they're some sort of popular online series lol

Who would have thought there would be so many RvB inspired suits out there. It's like they think they're some sort of popular online series lol

Noooooooooooooooo... Really?! :p

I want to build Carolina's armor so bad and I just happened to stumble across your thread and I am so pumped to see the armor! I want mine to be as close as possible and your helmet looks better than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back