Agent Locke Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks, wife left her laptop at work. Probably would been close to finishing up on the unfolding. I mean it's unfolded, just need to do touch up and organizing the parts for printing. Hopefully it will be finished tomorrow night. I will post it there in my unfold portfolio thread. Will be updating that thread pretty regularly. That can be another place to they can find the file.

Speaking of agent locke. Did you happen to see the advertisement for the online armor set for agent locke. It's a preorder bonus with GameStop. That vid is sick! Locke is moving around like he is stinken Superman! Speechless!!!

Actually did see that trailer. This model actually used screen captures from that video as references! It did make him look like a bad ass though.

Sucks, wife left her laptop at work. Probably would been close to finishing up on the unfolding. I mean it's unfolded, just need to do touch up and organizing the parts for printing. Hopefully it will be finished tomorrow night. I will post it there in my unfold portfolio thread. Will be updating that thread pretty regularly. That can be another place to they can find the file.

Hello SavedbyGrace,

I would like to download that pdo file when you are done. I have been working on creating a printable agent locke helmet in pepakura from fullmetal's latest obj but it's my first time using pepakura and not really sure if I'm doing it correctly. Just trying to make each piece as big as possible.

Anyways, would really love to see your work!

Thanks

Hello SavedbyGrace,

I would like to download that pdo file when you are done. I have been working on creating a printable agent locke helmet in pepakura from fullmetal's latest obj but it's my first time using pepakura and not really sure if I'm doing it correctly. Just trying to make each piece as big as possible.

Thanks

Ha ha! I told ya dude, there's so many little pieces on that last one.

Ha ha! I told ya dude, there's so many little pieces on that last one.

Yes you were right, but in the end it will be worth it. I just hope that having the little pieces grouped together in bigger pieces will still make it possible to put together.

Yes you were right, but in the end it will be worth it. I just hope that having the little pieces grouped together in bigger pieces will still make it possible to put together.

It really does help having them grouped together. But honestly, I'd pitch that one and do this new one when it gets released.

I just reread the thread, but forgive me if I missed it- did you upload a version for 3d printing? This looks awesome, and makes me very happy (that I don't have to do this on my own)

I just reread the thread, but forgive me if I missed it- did you upload a version for 3d printing? This looks awesome, and makes me very happy (that I don't have to do this on my own)

I haven't personally uploaded one for 3D printing. I was going to wait until nerdtron99 posted pics of the one he 3D printed to see how it turned out. You're more than welcome to take the obj in the archive or from here and give it mass and 3D print it though.

the file as is doesn't 3d print very well. it's a tad too low poly for 3d printing and a bit underdetailed. but here's the results of the first attempt, using the file as is.

locke test.jpg

but here's what i have so far for smoothing and detailing

screencap.png

also yes the first attempt did indeed come out too small. but all in all it was mostly just to test the printability of the file, if you will.

the file as is doesn't 3d print very well. it's a tad too low poly for 3d printing and a bit underdetailed. but here's the results of the first attempt, using the file as is.

View attachment 11708

but here's what i have so far for smoothing and detailing

View attachment 11709

also yes the first attempt did indeed come out too small. but all in all it was mostly just to test the printability of the file, if you will.

Wow, that is really too low-res. I thought about that being the case. I subdivided it in blender a couple of times but when I do that, a lot of the edges that are supposed to edges along with a bunch of detail disappears, so never saved those changes. But then again my 3D knowledge is close to nil. But I'm gonna get some practice in and do a bunch of tutorials and see if I can make it a decent 3D printable file.

i actually added even more detail withing the last few hours and i am re-printing the helm. so far it is coming along MUCH better. plus i have a high def print option in my slicing software so thats a plus :)

Hello SavedbyGrace,

Thanks

Sure thang bro. Here is a pic to give you a idea of what the part sizes are going to be for assembling. The area right below the visor is probably the worst for having really small parts. Did my best to edit that area to make easier to assemble. Will be releasing soon. Just bare with me. I know I said last Friday it should be done, but life has it's way of things popping up.

progress_zpsvtqzhre0.png

Attachments

• progress_zpsvtqzhre0.png
    progress_zpsvtqzhre0.png
    276.2 KB · Views: 315
Sure thang bro. Here is a pic to give you a idea of what the part sizes are going to be for assembling. The area right below the visor is probably the worst for having really small parts.

I took a look at the 'nose' area beneath the visor and I've identified a few geometry issues. Unless you've corrected them yourself already, I'd be happy to fix them for you.

Right. SBG sent me a preliminary unfold, but I've identified a few (meaning, QUITE a few) problem issues:

ONE: this file isn't what I'd call 'Pepakura-ready'. It's fine as a 3D model, but making an unfold and assembling this file properly is going to be challenging to the point of impossibility. There are intersecting faces, micro-folds and geometry bugs that I'll need to iron out.
TWO: this file is symmetrical. I checked.

I'll be getting to work on this file in my spare time.

Sorry, guys. I will not be releasing the unfold. I'm taking Chernobyl's advice on this one. Once the model is Pepakura friendly I will Unfold it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back