ai intergrated helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I saw from a cutscene in Halo 3 that he put Cortana in the back of his helmet. So where exactly? Here's 2 pics where I'd say he puts her; red arrow shows place and angle for docking.

mkvi_chipdock1.jpg

mkvi_chipdock2.jpg

Attachments

• mkvi_chipdock1.jpg
    mkvi_chipdock1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 92
  • mkvi_chipdock2.jpg
    mkvi_chipdock2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 75
pretty sure its the lower one, look up the pep helmet FS final Mark vi or something like that, gives you a much better and accurate idea

You could always have 2 visors . 1 on the outside with the detail, and one on the inside of the helmet with the HUD on it. You could sandwich small leds between the two around the edge of the helmet , so when you turn it on the people on the outside looking at you couldnt see the HUD. Just a idea. I LOVE this thread ! I had always wondered when somone would build this, and now is the time! Cant wait to see more!

Jacob

Thanks for explaining, Ithica.

What about the mentioned HUD? Here's a thought, I think you'd be interested. I thought it'd be cool if I could have two cameras, one pointing to my back for daytime use and one pointing to the front for IR vision. I have an IR B/W board camera from a project which I could use for this. It has an output and power cable, no extra bulk. All I need is another standard camera and a screen of some sort that has a female input plug. I found this:

I thought of hiding a tonne of IR lights somewhere (haven't found exactly where yet), because I wanna retain the four LEDs on the helmet. I thought of having the flexible camera facing my back, the IR board camera facing the front, and I'll selectively unplug/plug whatever camera I want to. So if I want to view my back I would plug in the gooseneck cam and if I want nightvision I could plug in the board camera. I guess this doesn't require a HUD to work, but it'd be twice as cool if affordable HUDs existed.

Anyone knows if cheaper video players of some sort exist? I just need a screen that has a female input thingie. I suppose if I had just that, it'd be a lot cheaper.

I tried checking if this would work by placing my phone really close to my face. Since my helmet is a little bit loose on me, I had a lot of padding in it. I took it all off and found that I had maybe three inches from my eye to the visor. I stuck my phone in front of my right eye blocking just half my view and found that I could read what was on the screen just fine. It still looked okay, and I could view the screen without closing my left eye and see outside without much interruption.

Anyway, sorry if it was thread-jacking, just thought you'd be interested (since you mentioned AI in helmets) or never thought of it. I guess it at least had something to do with stuff in a helmet. Can't wait to integrate this with the chip! I guess my helmet would be heavy, but nerr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for explaining, Ithica.

What about the mentioned HUD? Here's a thought, I think you'd be interested. I thought it'd be cool if I could have two cameras, one pointing to my back for daytime use and one pointing to the front for IR vision. I have an IR B/W board camera from a project which I could use for this. It has an output and power cable, no extra bulk. All I need is another standard camera and a screen of some sort that has a female input plug. I found this:

I thought of hiding a tonne of IR lights somewhere (haven't found exactly where yet), because I wanna retain the four LEDs on the helmet. I thought of having the flexible camera facing my back, the IR board camera facing the front, and I'll selectively unplug/plug whatever camera I want to. So if I want to view my back I would plug in the gooseneck cam and if I want nightvision I could plug in the board camera. I guess this doesn't require a HUD to work, but it'd be twice as cool if affordable HUDs existed.

Anyone knows if cheaper video players of some sort exist? I just need a screen that has a female input thingie. I suppose if I had just that, it'd be a lot cheaper.

I tried checking if this would work by placing my phone really close to my face. Since my helmet is a little bit loose on me, I had a lot of padding in it. I took it all off and found that I had maybe three inches from my eye to the visor. I stuck my phone in front of my right eye blocking just half my view and found that I could read what was on the screen just fine. It still looked okay, and I could view the screen without closing my left eye and see outside without much interruption.

Anyway, sorry if it was thread-jacking, just thought you'd be interested (since you mentioned AI in helmets) or never thought of it. I guess it at least had something to do with stuff in a helmet. Can't wait to integrate this with the chip! I guess my helmet would be heavy, but nerr.

wouldn't that work perfectly with the GUGNIR helmet? The one with no visor? The camera can be where the little visor is and the screen can be fitted into the front piece pretty easily, it'd totally be kickass :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you guys tried to put a cellphone in front of you real close? It is hard to focus and it your eyes go blurry because it is too close. The only best way I found for myself is place it at the bottom corner of my dominate eye. Not a big lcd but one that is small enough to mount inside the helmet without taking up space for other electronics. And my eyes can focus on it easy with no blurred vision. For rear camera applications is nice to see who is sneaking up on you.

you wonder how Iron Man does that with a full HID inside a very tight mask. lol
If the display is for a rear facing camera, you wont need to look at it long to get blurred vision. Just enough to see who sneaks on ya. I found a link to an item that could fit this application
http://www.007spycamera.com/Bluetooth-headset-camera.html

I was thinking to see if it is possible to use an old camera phone and solder off the camera and add some wires to make it longer just enough to do the job. For a poorman's DIY job. Don't know i it will work but it is a concept.

I plan to work on a Variant of Emile's Reach Helmet with black tint for visor because it is alot easier to tint black then use foil or film and you can see all 100% of visor.

As far as I'm aware, real-life HUDs work on the same principle of those 'magic images' - two seperate images blurred , but when held at a certain distance, the eyes automatically focus the two images together to display the correct image. Unfortunately, this technology is different for each individual based on quality of eyesight, so it'd have to be calibrated, and it's only available in larger-scale military gear right now (to my knowledge, though any further evidence to debunk this is welcome).

Sorry to say, but the 'single image' principle isn't going to work very well and those that try are going to be unfortunate enough to get a lot of headaches and eyesight problems. Any critique would be welcome though.

As far as I'm aware, real-life HUDs work on the same principle of those 'magic images' - two seperate images blurred , but when held at a certain distance, the eyes automatically focus the two images together to display the correct image. Unfortunately, this technology is different for each individual based on quality of eyesight, so it'd have to be calibrated, and it's only available in larger-scale military gear right now (to my knowledge, though any further evidence to debunk this is welcome).

Sorry to say, but the 'single image' principle isn't going to work very well and those that try are going to be unfortunate enough to get a lot of headaches and eyesight problems. Any critique would be welcome though.

So it would sound like it's a job for some Anonymous?? xDD

Have you guys tried to put a cellphone in front of you real close? It is hard to focus and it your eyes go blurry because it is too close. The only best way I found for myself is place it at the bottom corner of my dominate eye. Not a big lcd but one that is small enough to mount inside the helmet without taking up space for other electronics. And my eyes can focus on it easy with no blurred vision. For rear camera applications is nice to see who is sneaking up on you.

Yup! I believe I said I've tried this, and it was okay. To elaborate, I taped my phone to the inside of my helmet, stuck two sponges and suspension straps (doubled duct tape!) temporarily inside my helmet to keep the helmet further away from my face instead of being centred on my head. Previously it had padding all around, but I took it all off and now moved the helmet to give my face more room. However I moved the phone from in front of half my right eye to above the visor and it's worked even better - there was more distance between eye to screen, I was able to both read text on my phone clearly as well as ignore it totally when looking through the visor. I watched Watchmen in my helmet and walked around to see how giddy I got. (Not very, but I was looking at the movie more than I was where I was going. Watchmen is just too good.)

Thanks a lot for your input, I'll experiment with other places to place the screen.

Also, granted my helmet is slightly oversized, but if slightly oversized helmets mean so many awesome things (including the chip!!@!@!), I'll take it. It's just that the make of the camera seems a bit iffy. I found other chinese cameras similar to the one shown, however they all use 3.5mm audio jacks for video input - which is a little strange to me.

"I tried checking if this would work by placing my phone really close to my face. Since my helmet is a little bit loose on me, I had a lot of padding in it. I took it all off and found that I had maybe three inches from my eye to the visor. I stuck my phone in front of my right eye blocking just half my view and found that I could read what was on the screen just fine. It still looked okay, and I could view the screen without closing my left eye and see outside without much interruption."

guys, i have a much much simpler idea.
you guys keep saying if we only had a cool 'item' we can put between two pieces of metal to link and turn on the whole system right? BAM!
e91a9040-575c-4a7d-88fb-a0b9a5f75a39.JPG

these are maxi fuses. i bet if we look we can find ones that are 'lit.' internally.
this would work and seems exactly like what everyone is talking about.
paint it up to look like the AI chip and your good.
just buy the holder for it:
http://www.bussman.com/images/1e56fd4c-3611-4887-b514-395d069a18eb.JPG
thoughts...

Savage that is a great idea I had this in mind.. Ithica fixed the circuit for me since mine was a lil more confusing but if it is ok ill make a quick schematic of your idea and post it for you

newcortanachip.jpg

Attachments

• newcortanachip.jpg
    newcortanachip.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 78
This is totally something I would do!!!

I hear all sorts of talk about the AI chip and making is, but I'm having trouble finding the pep file for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back