Airsoft BR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the invitation and introduction! If I had known this site had existed I would've posted the thread here in the first place.

It would be rather pointless to start a new thread called airsoft br now that this one's already up, so if you don't mind I'll continue the thread here...

heisse2.jpg

I had a similar idea (using the FAMAS) but right now I have to finis my marine armor :cautious:
(and my secret vehicle project :rolleyes )

Well, after more bondo and more sanding I have an improved model of the foregrip, I think it needs to be angled up more on the front part:
newstock.jpg

Does anyone know what the foregrip looks like from the bottom, I couldn't find a reference picture and I need to know whether to curve the fore grip and if so how much? just around the edges?or is the whole thing curved? or is it somewhere in between?

On a side note, while i was uploading the image from my camera, I found my first prototype, what do you think of it? :D
original.jpg

D0096F said:
Well, after more bondo and more sanding I have an improved model of the foregrip, I think it needs to be angled up more on the front part:
newstock.jpg

Does anyone know what the foregrip looks like from the bottom, I couldn't find a reference picture and I need to know whether to curve the fore grip and if so how much? just around the edges?or is the whole thing curved? or is it somewhere in between?
On a side note, while i was uploading the image from my camera, I found my first prototype, what do you think of it? :D
original.jpg

Nice!! I saw one on internet with a g36c rail instead of the one you have but your's looks much better!! I have some links to some br images!! I'll send them to you via pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ares said:
Great work man, good thing you joined!
*cough* Kozy *cough*
/inside joke

Haha, there I guess Kozy keeps making accs and ticking people off...and keeps getting banned.

The br looks good. A guy on ASR is making one from the JLS F2000 (or is it the fn2000? fs2000?)
Anyway, it's postponed for now due to school or whatever.

But the FAMAS is probably the easier was to go.

(By the way, is that a springer FAMAS or the TM. I personally wouldn't want to chop up a TM, but it'd be skirmishable that way.)

HK416 said:
(By the way, is that a springer FAMAS or the TM. I personally wouldn't want to chop up a TM, but it'd be skirmishable that way.)
TM, I just got a new AEG and decided I should either sell or mod my FA-MAS. Based on a FA-MAS BR I saw on ebay (which didn't look so great) I decided to give it a whirl+it should dramatically improve my FA-MAS resale value. :cool:

D0096F said:
TM, I just got a new AEG and decided I should either sell or mod my FA-MAS. Based on a FA-MAS BR I saw on ebay (which didn't look so great) I decided to give it a whirl+it should dramatically improve my FA-MAS resale value. :cool:

Good idea, there are plenty of people who would buy that, should you ever want to sell it.

I'm just waiting for an ACM company to make an MPEG FAMAS...

What's the new AEG, by the way?

HK416 said:
Good idea, there are plenty of people who would buy that, should you ever want to sell it.

I'm just waiting for an ACM company to make an MPEG FAMAS...

What's the new AEG, by the way?
It's a CA M15A4 S.P.R. I know everyone has one but I went to airsoftcqb and held every gun they sell and I perfer longer rifles. The S.P.R. was really well balanced and very solid, not to mention it looks cool.

D0096F said:
Thanks for the invitation and introduction! If I had known this site had existed I would've posted the thread here in the first place.

It would be rather pointless to start a new thread called airsoft br now that this one's already up, so if you don't mind I'll continue the thread here...

In case you're too lazy to click the link,or you're one of the many 13 year olds banned from ASF here's a pic of it so far...
br55new.jpg

Obviously it's not finished yet. Here are my plans:
1)sanding and lengthening of the fore grip to a more BR type shape.
2)lengthening of the barrel, using a metal tube bought from home depot
3)possible raising of the carry handle. I sanded it down a little too much in the back before I welded it on :mad:
4)"drop down" of the stock-hard to explain, I plan to give it that square-ish shape...
5)Modification of the magazines (not pictured) to fit w/o sticking out
6)cheek rest and scope (suggestions for a good (cheap) scope; so far I've had ACOG, UTG tactedge, and M-16 carry handle scope)
6)and of course a paint job.

If you have any suggestions for improvement* please suggest them in this thread, I'll check back periodically and post new pictures as I progress.

*Please note some inaccuracies in design can not be helped, such as the "too long" stock, placement of the handle etc. As stated above this is an airsoft gun. I would like it to remain fully operational, upgradeable and skirmish able.
EDIT: Iwas able to finda nice picture of a BR on this site and made an overlay of it on my gun:
comparison.jpg
Theres nothing more sexier than that custom BR55 held by someone wearing the masterchief armor!!! THAT ROX MY SOX!! nuff said

Nice work! I can't believe you did that to a TM FAMAS, but my hats off to you. I asked for one for Christmas, and was just going to add a custom barrel and scope, then call it an almost BR. Does the barrel screw off like on the springer FAMAS?

darthmaddy said:
Nice work! I can't believe you did that to a TM FAMAS, but my hats off to you. I asked for one for Christmas, and was just going to add a custom barrel and scope, then call it an almost BR. Does the barrel screw off like on the springer FAMAS?
No. The barrel has a sort of slot and slides into the gun. Then a screw (the kind w/o the head, you use that octagon stick to unscrew it) then it slides off, it's sort of hard to explain, but there are no compatible aftermarket barrels w/o an adapter. First Factory makes a 14mm CLOCKWISE adapter that replaces the barrel, after installing it a CLOCKWISE silencer of outer barrel could be added. I'd reccommend making a barrel out of a hollow pipe and jb welding it on though...

BTW. new progress pic:
newestbr55.jpg

I've improved the fore grip, I think this is the final one unless anyone sees something wrong with it (if you do please tell me so I can fix it!), I've also began on an improved carry handle. I still need to add bondo to the front of that white block, so I haven't sanded and shaped yet...

So what are you doing for the sight/scope? It's 2x magnification, isn't it? I saw one on Ebay that looked close to the br one, but it was 4x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back