Airsoft Odst Loadout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work, I never expected it to turn out as well as it has.

How does bedliner keep away the BB's?

KEEP IT UP!

Thanks, that means a lot! I realize a lot of people must have been (or still are) skeptical of this project. The truth is, I'm the one who ends up looking stupid if the suit shreds during skirmishing. I've got no reason to fudge the strength tests.

The bedliner hardens as a heavy (but thin) plastic. It backs up the fiberglass from the inside, directing impacts back out and holding the Rondo together. My tests show the helmet holds up without it, but I want to be absolutely safe where my head is concerned.

Maybe I just missed something, but why didn't you sand the helmet before painting? Other than that, very impressive! I'm usually the one to immediately start flaming about liability, but I'll turn my head for this one.

mc hammer time said:
Maybe I just missed something, but why didn't you sand the helmet before painting?

Lol, I guess the fact that this was my first helmet shows! I did sand down the edges, but I didn't try to eliminate them. To completely remove the edges and make it smooth would take too much time and too much bondo. Someday I'll try to make a perfect helmet, but not today.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the idea and the fact that you are trying materials i haven't thought about as viable for airsoft stoppin

Very impressive project. My interest in joining this forum was to create an ODST kit, and seeing it used for airsoft (another hobby) makes it all the better.

Odd question, but what do you wear under it? It looks like a see-through shirt in the last pictures. I was thinking under-armor in black, but worried it wouldnt go far up the neck enough. Are there any references for ODST wearing fatigues out of their armor or under their armor, like black BDU's?

Very impressive project. My interest in joining this forum was to create an ODST kit, and seeing it used for airsoft (another hobby) makes it all the better.

Odd question, but what do you wear under it? It looks like a see-through shirt in the last pictures. I was thinking under-armor in black, but worried it wouldnt go far up the neck enough. Are there any references for ODST wearing fatigues out of their armor or under their armor, like black BDU's?

last post was in april last year, please don't post on threads that are clearly dead

Thats why he is wearing motorcycle padding under the foam.

Also, I think some tinted ballistic goggles could fill the visor space pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back