Airwolf Helmet... Halo ancestor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Just because I dunno what to do with myself today:

I was doing some image searches looking for armor stuff I hadn't seen before, and came across this; the helmet from the late 80's TV show Airwolf... anyhow I thought it looked familiar. Kinda like an ODST/Spartan mix... pretty neat .

airwolf_helmet_medium_01.jpg

airwolf_helmet_big_02.jpg

airwolf_helmet_big_03.jpg

Theres even a promotional video: Retractable visor, and light up targeting system. Look!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6SzpPsGIFI

Wierdness!

:shock:

funny thing is that my friend makes that helmet and the guy that did that video recasted his helmet from his vaccum formed one...he sent me that video and i was going to do something like that to promoto my props

i think he built a full size airwolf, my friend and i where surpose to go up there to check it out but he sent it to a museum

Found another... yeah thats right, I'm that bored!

This one is from a short-lived TV show called 'Space: Above and Beyond' It ran for two seasons (1995-1996) on The Fox network, and the similarities don't stop at appearances.

The show, set in the years 2063–2064, focuses on a group of United States Marines, members of the United States Marine Corps Space Aviator Cavalry, 58th Squadron, or the "Wildcards". They are based on the space carrier USS Saratoga, and act as infantry and also pilot the SA-43 Endo/Exo-Atmospheric Attack Jet (Hammerhead) fighter spaceplane. With a budget of approximately 1.5–2 million USD per episode, it was the most expensive science fiction television show at the time of its production.

Interesting.... well, heres the helmet:

3362_1_b.JPG

340d_1.JPG

33b1_1.JPG

And this one is up for sale on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Space-Above-and-Beyond...tem190127409547

Wonder if this is pre- or post-Halo?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mk VI helmet and even the new close quarters helmet bear a striking resemblence to the Universal Century Gundam OAV's GM Type-D and Type-F Mobile suits from the 90's. The visor on the MCs helm is almost identical to the Type-D's.

xDSCN5360.jpg

PowGM.jpg

rgm79_3.jpg

Was also noticing the similarities between the CQB, these helmets and another armor...

I though it looks a little like the Shi Kai Wang concept armor:

conceptart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back