All done

Status
Not open for further replies.

WearableTundra7

All right guys, I finally finished my first suit of armor and I think it looks pretty good for a first go. Thanks to everyone who helped me with how to get everything secured and put together. I love this community. Also some pics of the finished product, let me know what you guys think!

IMG_4504.JPG
IMG_4516.JPG
IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4510.JPG

Lookin good!
You can make a quick baclava from the ridged bit of a couple old black high rise socks

Nice job dude! Might I recommend a neck seal or balaclava to hide the neck though, bare skin is a Spartans true weakness :p.
Alright, thanks. My undersuit has one that I just pull over my face and it covers my head. I just forgot to do it. Also the one problem I have with the armor is that the shoulders fall off from time to time because they are held by 1 band and a piece of velcro. Do you have any suggestions to fix that?

Clips hold better than velcro. Had the same issue w/ my thigh pieces......so swapped them out. Now they don't fall down when I walk.......

Make sure you use at least 1 inch wide velcro as well. Thinner or smaller strips seem to let go easier than the wider ones I've noticed. Those clips also work great, especially if you clip it coming from the shoulder area on the chestpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back