Alright, This is how it works around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have my thanks for all the hard work that you do, and my respect for all the shysse you deal with.

tehronin said:
Hey I'm just wondering, i think there is a setting or a mod that makes it so you cant double post, i know we are trying to make people improve but i think it would be in the best interest of the community if we could enable that setting, its one less thing we all have to worry about, including mods and administrators, maybe even a spell checker would be good but I am just throwing that out there

There is a flood control setting that only allows you to post every couple of minutes; that might work for preventing double posts (accidental ones made because someone clicked the submit button twice).

and BTW,
hammertimetv3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
spartan -1 Caboose said:
Yeah, its called a shotgun, silly. :rolleyes
No offence whatsoever but , as for the subject I completely agree whith the purpose here because we all have to be willing to respect those who came before us, and of course see to it that order stays in its place. Because after people rely on you you tend to think and understand the importance of people looking up to you. Case & Point: Ye noobs and loud mouths be warned!

Excellent thread. I've been around the various prop communities for about 6 years now, and this thread is an ab-so-lute must! While I'm new here, I was surprised to see so much slamming of other members, especially new ones. Sometimes, one just needs a point in the right direction to find something. It is amazing how few will ever use the "search" function... LOL!

Ironic how few newbies won't read the stickies, that's the whole point of them being there!! The basic info, the most asked questions are answered right there! Amazing, doesn't matter what forum, they still do it!

(I read 'em!) ;)

Being a Forum Mod myself on a couple other boards (one of which is also HALO-related), I know from experience just how daunting a task moderating a large online community can be. There's a lot more involved in ensuring the smooth operation of such a group than most people might think.

As such, I just wanted to say thanks for doing what you gents do here. Without your efforts, we wouldn't have such a wonderful place to meet and share our knowledge and/or work.

With this thread, and the "Sarge's lesson" thread posted by SargeChristi pointing out some of the Do's and Dont's here, I'm hopeful that more members will know how things are done around here. One can only hope, lol.

Keep up the good work, fellas! :cool:

yeah i think everyone should be put away to help this place out look at my i got ban for saying the f word and now i just read and do some post here and there but yeah oh and i feel like that pic about the re make me feel kinda depressed i am somewhat a re i am not kidding.

Perhaps we should have a little quote on the registration page asking that you atleast have a decent grasp of the english language.
1. The cat is dancing in a peculiar manner. ACCEPTABLE
2. the cat is dancing like super weird . LEARNING STAGE
2. th ct is dncin lolol thts mssed up N00B. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM FILLING IN THIS FORM AS IT IS DEEMED TO BE TOO MUCH OF A TASK FOR ONE SUCH AS YOURSELF.

ALSO, ive always found it fitting for a Mod to be named "Doom"

well even though im new here, i do agree about a lot of people acting stupid. i think its mostly the -14 year olds that want everything now and will die if they dont have an awesome costume for haloween. too bad there isnt some sort of "test" for each new person to be promoted to the right forum that im looking for which is the pep rather than being in noobville until i reach 50 posts. all i seek is help.

I think we should make a video about the rules!!! The fact is that people are too lazy to read the rules. We need a funny type of video that covers everything. It'll be more likely to get through to people. I'm thinking like a comic Bioshock type video... you know the ones the game made us watch...

So who is good with flash? If this is a good idea maybe we should all collaborate and create one. I'm pretty good at flash... and drawing. I can design characters....

Enrisan said:
well even though im new here, i do agree about a lot of people acting stupid. i think its mostly the -14 year olds that want everything now and will die if they dont have an awesome costume for haloween. too bad there isnt some sort of "test" for each new person to be promoted to the right forum that im looking for which is the pep rather than being in noobville until i reach 50 posts. all i seek is help.
I find that post pretty offensive. It is the stereotype against 14 year olds. I know most teenagers rot their brains but not all. There are plenty of young members that can also I can make a little comic maker thing. It is pretty cool. It could show all the rules all I need you to do is pm me the exact things you want me to say and it is done.

Evil Femle said:
I think we should make a video about the rules!!! The fact is that people are too lazy to read the rules. We need a funny type of video that covers everything. It'll be more likely to get through to people. I'm thinking like a comic Bioshock type video... you know the ones the game made us watch...

So who is good with flash? If this is a good idea maybe we should all collaborate and create one. I'm pretty good at flash... and drawing. I can design characters....
I say we just dont even let people in unless they can pass a idiot test, make them pass basic armor making test and if they get sat 70%+ let them in, otherwise, they get auto IP banned.

We need a anti children firewall, block all the stupid kids saying "HELP I want to be spartan for halloween, umm can someone help me make free armor? I really lieky the plastic ones and I have plastic...how do I make armor?"

Aultin the Spartan said:
I find that post pretty offensive. It is the stereotype against 14 year olds. I know most teenagers rot their brains but not all. There are plenty of young members that can also I can make a little comic maker thing. It is pretty cool. It could show all the rules all I need you to do is pm me the exact things you want me to say and it is done.
I agree.

[attachment=769:sample.png]

This is a sample of what I can do for the rules. If you could somehow take this and force them to see something like this that shows all the rules then we would be good.

This may not exactly be a great place to put this, but there are a couple of spelling mistakes in the warning.

Firstly (this is probably deliberate) you spelt unfortunately as unfournatley.
Secondly "one word post's" should be "one word posts"
Thirdly, 'English' is a proper noun and therefore carries a capital E
Fourthly, "wether" should be spelt 'whether'
And fifthly, you probably want 'choose' instead of 'chose'

Apart from that, excellent topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back