Alright, This is how it works around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... stupid... like Hilary Clinton "I hate video games, and they should be banned everywhere, because you should blindly believe everything I say," Stupid?

Spartan 299 reporting in, sir.

Rules read and understood, sir.

Can't wait to actually get started on modelling, sir.
:p

So yeah. Hi. I'm at 200+ lbs and need to slim down around the tummy to actually pull off wearing the armour.

the fact that younger people are joining doesnt help the whole issue.
BUT thats when we use the BANhammer to show them that theres no fooling here.

i'll try and help clean up, but dont expect me to be wiping anybody's butt on here.

btw, why the hell would you insult ANYONE wearing a master cheif costume? has no one seen wat the ACTUALL master cheif does to living things that give him lip?

wat makes you guys think the same wont be done to idiots?

tis why i take my frustrations elsewhere.

Yeah, I am new and I am fairly respectful and I hope to gain a little more respect on these forums in the future once I finish some of my work, but until then I am just a newbie.

no-ordinary-masterchief said:
the fact that younger people are joining doesnt help the whole issue.
BUT thats when we use the BANhammer to show them that theres no fooling here.

Keep in mind that older people are quite capable of making themselves look foolish. I'm "younger people" and I'm perfectly capable of typing coherent sentences and not starting meaningless fights on the internet. As for the moderators, thank you for all of your hard work in keeping this place cleaned up and friendly. Without you these forums would degrade into little more than mindless arguments and armor would never get made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan C07 said:
Keep in mind that older people are quite capable of making themselves look foolish. I'm "younger people" and I'm perfectly capable of typing coherent sentences and not starting meaningless fights on the internet. As for the moderators, thank you for all of your hard work in keeping this place cleaned up and friendly. Without you these forums would degrade into little more than mindless arguments and armor would never get made.
i stand corrected. my apologies.

Might I suggest a quiz (multiple choice) that has to be passed before a new user can begin posting -- maybe even a quiz for individual discussion sections. I assume it is possible to incorporate something like this into the forums. We can start a thread with submissions for quiz questions. Just look at the all the redundant noob posts to come up with some applicable quiz questions.

Sample Question:
"What sticky will help me determine the scale(s) I should use for my Pepakura armor pieces?"
-- "Armor Scale Drawings"
-- "Scaling for noobs"
-- "Official pepakura scaling thread"
-- "Fish aren't the only things with scales"

-dwoo

405th newbie here. Looking forward to posting here regularly. I hail from a forum with absolutely no moderation, but the ones there do know how to respond to stupid questions: Look more! Because you're certainly not the first to ask...

do do do do .....do do cant tuch this .. HAMMER TIME!!!! wach wat u say and post am i rite mods!!!

It's sad enough that our school system produces people who can't create proper sentences or punctuation, but it's even worse when people use it in everyday speech. I hear people at my college saying 'l-o-l' to a joke someone told them. Thank you so much for monitoring so I can actually read useful posts. Due to having no text message-capable phone, I kind of missed the L337 speak cell phone bandwagon.

well thats quite a good anti noob guide, ill try to follow as you want to, i dont want to get hammered out from this cool page xD at least not until i get to make my armor

Spartan-K22 said:
:lol: cant stop laughing. EVERYONE STOP BEING STUPID!!! including
me.

btw, where can i buy some good halo visors??? o_O

ebay. or look on froogle. I find that I can find anything on the internet.
BTW- you're in the wrong forum for this, read the tutorials on visors

tsau-mia said:
Due to having no text message-capable phone, I kind of missed the L337 speak cell phone bandwagon.
Same here. I have only just aquired a text message-capable phone myself, and find myself trying to text full sentences, which gets annoying with the 250 character limits.
Beware! The Ban-Hammer cometh!

If we all hold hands, we can stop the increasing plague of stupidity.

good topic. very good.

if only i could do this in real life.

MC hammer couldnt even stop hammer time.

i've also noticed things like this on other sites which I have been on for a while such as the dented helmet and the bffc(boba fett fan club) the people on these sites are getting extremely rude and saying u instead of you(short forms).the u thing is because of people making short forms on msn messanger when talking to they're freinds.Many things about the rudness is because they think they might be funny or doing somthing right.

I am glad you have done a topic like this to show noobs what will be done because the dented helmet not much is done by monitors there and bffc the monitors don't ban for seeing it!

Doom this is an exellent topic!

SPARTAN 3622

Doom said:
Well us Staff have noticed a general decrease of "intellegence" among new joining members and even current members here at the 405th aka Mjolnir Armor Forums. After recent studies by me I belive to have found the problem from the dissection of a recently banned member. The problem appears to be the lack of use for almost 95% of the brain.

Here are pictures of what we suspect is affecting most members on these forums.

membersbrainxv4.jpg

This is an example of what we think is happening to most members here on the forums, but luckly not all. The Staff seems to be immune to this "happening".

Picture of the Moderators and Admin on these forums brain.

staffnj6.jpg

The brain appears to be fully functional and no decaying flesh was found anywhere.

I figured I would need to do something about the decaying flesh within our members, we don't want them all dieing and going pshyco on us. So its time to put some basic rules in place.
babyfoodmp4.jpg

Any whining for things will result in a warning and a potential ban. We aren't going to hold your hand all the time.
doublemintuy2.jpg

You may have seen Sean post this before. Don't double post, just edit your post's, will result in a warning if they build up and potentially a ban.
flameag3.jpg

Need I say more?
spamrh8.jpg

sgov7.jpg

youtubexf4.jpg

Now you don't want to get banned from here, it is literally the best source for Halo prop making on the internet. So first, you need to know, You can't stop Hammer Time.
stophammertimejh7.jpg

If you happen to try to stop Hammer Time, this is the last thing you will see on these forums.
hammerclocklg0.jpg

Conclusion...
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/709/forkroadng2.jpg

Don't step out of line...
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7990/banhammeysh2.jpg

-Doom

Edit: due to picture restrictions I can't fit all the pix in one post! You will have to click the last two.

Thanks
ill cut back from all of my commenting on the site from now on im just so curiuse......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back