Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingernailz said:
what are other alternatives for a dremel if you dont have a lot of money...?

and also where can i buy resin?
you can buy resin of ebay and you can use a drill with dremal bits on it but the drill would be rather bulkie where are you from buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Home Depot and Lowes both have resin, respirators, fiberglass, pretty much everything you need to get started.

Also at Home Depot you can but Dremel clones that aren't as good but a lot cheaper. I think Black and decker makes one.

if 20$s is a lot of money for you at the moment for a dremel kit....this isnt the time then for you to be building a suit...

there arent any alternatives. its probably one of the most important tools you will use in building.

Seriously if you can't afforc a 20 dollar tool, one of your most important items at that.....well you can't really do much. If you live at home (like lucky ol' me) borrow your parents. Or borrow one from somone cus you need it, then again if you can't pay $20 bucks for a dremel kit can you really afford resin,fiberglass, a respirator, etc?

put it this way-

6$s fiberglass mat/cloth
13$ fiberglass resin
16$ Bondo
15$ resperator
80Cents paintbrushes
5$s for pack of 100 gloves
not including sanding...

redragon74 said:
put it this way-

6$s fiberglass mat/cloth
13$ fiberglass resin
16$ Bondo
15$ resperator
80Cents paintbrushes
5$s for pack of 100 gloves
not including sanding...

6$s fiberglass mat/cloth
16$ Bondo - im sure i can get it for less or FREE at that.
15$ resperator

Thsi is what im left with and i can buy.. the bondo and resperator myself it just comes down to how bad i want it i have the money but i need to be saving for a bass :sleep:

well most importantly you will need the resporator its a 1 time buy *NOT the cheap paper dust maks ones* and occasionally you will need to replace the filters on the side.

the gloves you will need to buy once in a blue moon *when you run out* ive only ran out 2 times cause i helped freinds and they helped me, the latex ones are good but the Vinyl are better *there i think a dollar more*

matt/cloth meh depends how many layers your doing and same with fiberglass resin and how many times you mess up. ive gone through 2 of em so far and im getting ready to buy my last one. and ive got maybe 3 packs each and getting ready to buy my last pack of matt and cloth

i usually buy about 6 or 7 brushes at a time and ill go from there.... then when i get paid again since im on a 40 $ a week budget after i get as many peices glassed as i can i go buy bondo when needed

bondo ive had 2 tubs ill need 1 more- bondo youll need the most cause your sanding it and replacing sanding and replacing and using it to get your detail

spot putty is like 3$s thats for the lil indents you really cant get and to fine tune it

80 grit and 200 grit sand paper pack is like 5$s each ill usually get with bondo

what you can do to save some $$ is do what i did, buy the cardstock and glue and just put peices together and just keep saving up at the same time, put a lil money off to the side for the bass so that way you have an armour pile and a music pile. i dont really buy anything else cause i have nothign else to spend money on sept for gas and armour supplies. but also shop around do price checks look in papers for the sales, look for coupons, it will get to a high amount of $$ it sounds funny but even for like bday or xmas or special holidays wear you get gifts ask for cash or armour supplies, i did and i got my dads bday gift a 25$ certificate to lowes *he works at hd* and a tub of bondo

*for the start post* resin can be baught at any automotive store, home depot, lowes, walmart, super wal mart or boat supply store. a dremel though... a def. recomend i got my kit for christmas and i use it everyday not just on armour but even on cutting other things..you really get surprised when you use it

You dont usually ask 'not alot of money' questions, since armor making is expensive.
But there are alot of other cheap rotary tools, and i think the price for a Dremel there is good, since i had to pay over a 100 bucks to get a dremel in europe =/

-FSS

redragon74 said:
well most importantly you will need the resporator its a 1 time buy *NOT the cheap paper dust maks ones* and occasionally you will need to replace the filters on the side.

the gloves you will need to buy once in a blue moon *when you run out* ive only ran out 2 times cause i helped freinds and they helped me, the latex ones are good but the Vinyl are better *there i think a dollar more*

matt/cloth meh depends how many layers your doing and same with fiberglass resin and how many times you mess up. ive gone through 2 of em so far and im getting ready to buy my last one. and ive got maybe 3 packs each and getting ready to buy my last pack of matt and cloth

i usually buy about 6 or 7 brushes at a time and ill go from there.... then when i get paid again since im on a 40 $ a week budget after i get as many peices glassed as i can i go buy bondo when needed

bondo ive had 2 tubs ill need 1 more- bondo youll need the most cause your sanding it and replacing sanding and replacing and using it to get your detail

spot putty is like 3$s thats for the lil indents you really cant get and to fine tune it

80 grit and 200 grit sand paper pack is like 5$s each ill usually get with bondo

what you can do to save some $$ is do what i did, buy the cardstock and glue and just put peices together and just keep saving up at the same time, put a lil money off to the side for the bass so that way you have an armour pile and a music pile. i dont really buy anything else cause i have nothign else to spend money on sept for gas and armour supplies. but also shop around do price checks look in papers for the sales, look for coupons, it will get to a high amount of $$ it sounds funny but even for like bday or xmas or special holidays wear you get gifts ask for cash or armour supplies, i did and i got my dads bday gift a 25$ certificate to lowes *he works at hd* and a tub of bondo

*for the start post* resin can be baught at any automotive store, home depot, lowes, walmart, super wal mart or boat supply store. a dremel though... a def. recomend i got my kit for christmas and i use it everyday not just on armour but even on cutting other things..you really get surprised when you use it

Well Ive come to the conclusion that i can actually buy this stuff ive got some money laying around and im going to be getting more so.. i gues i can just get this stuff now and buy the bass later : P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back