Aluminium armour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
. someone else, i think jester, is making foam armor, then coating the foam with sheet metal!!!

Yea. I am still going to be plating my foam, but I'll be using an adhesive that won't react with the Foams' chemicals.
The foam is still proving to be pretty strong, but the only pieces I may use the metal on will be the main plates on my shins, kneepads, boots, toes, shoulder add-ons and possibly The main plates on the chest. Too much metal could be a little much.

Just an idea I thought I'd shoot your way mate,
Good luck on your build, can't wait to see some pics.

j1014

i have some pics in my odst build thread (in sig) i have finished building the shins, boots, thighs, side armor, chest, middle armor and i'm working on the back armor :) although, i think i need to take some better pics, as the pics i have don't do the armor justice, it looks alot better in real life :p i'm going out to get some metal/nylon webbing ASAP.

well, that was the price pop (my grand father, i call him pop) said he saw in bunnings, although bunnings is a rip off i couldn't find any other prices anwhere... can anyone put up a good aussie fiberglass site??? oh, and i thought it was wierd too ventrue.. :S

anyway, i'd preffer to make it out of metal, it would be original of me, and maybe if i do a good job more people will give it a go, then more and more untill it's really big, like foam armor is becoming, but then it probably won't, it will probanly only pop up every now and again.. :p

Monk1junk1, that is very expensive for fiberglass but theres your problem. Bunnings :) If you find a dedicated fiberglass place that sells mat and resin its sooo much cheaper. Where in the AU are ya?

I believe this may be the person you are looking for regarding a metal suit:

+1 for an epic build video. What do you think?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Working on casting some aluminum armor... using scrap and pep forms. Should be pretty cheap and detailed! Starting this weekend, will keep you guys updated.

WOW!!! that is some skill to do that and it looks awesome!!!!!!! great job man and keep up the good wor and really excited to see more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back