Amazing Warmachine Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recoil

Here is the video of Tony Le winning a Cosplay Event

If you go on this youtube channel you can see many more videos of the Warmachine as swell an Iron Man 2 accurate Iron Man costume. He apparently was able to build it in a month with a cost of 4000$. If that is true that is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
l_7e9b09178ac14f53add7062a635aa78f.jpg

l_c19344172bb342ccb6046bb86ee26a50.jpg

l_6cd4516e54944ef8b2b5f0901fbc09ab.jpg

l_79b052bea7ec4bf18a8fc29a5469ac14.jpg

He definitely does great work. He is in the June 2010 issue of Popular Science with his War Machine Cosplay. Gotta love it!

My girlfriend showed me an article where he entered a child's costume contest with a bunch of 8-10 year olds...

I don't think he won though...

Didn't the guy from Mythbusters call him out on the RPF?

well i don t really know him but i try to ask him an advice and he never replay on me, (may be to anybody else) HE S TO SHOWING OFF for me...

They are great costumes and he does fantastic work. I've read on other forums that his attitude isnt the best toward other people as far as helping people out with how he does it, but then again.. If you could make something that awesome, how long would it take before it went to YOUR head too? haha

Hugh Stephen Holder III said:
My girlfriend showed me an article where he entered a child's costume contest with a bunch of 8-10 year olds...

I don't think he won though...

Didn't the guy from Mythbusters call him out on the RPF?

Yeh Adam Savage basically called him out as an arrogant self centered a-hole. i'm not surprised, the guy is full of himself. he basically stole dung beetle's helmet and called it his own, scammed a couple of people here, and he refuses to help anyone asking for advice.

Well despite the controversy with the artist, his work is good.

Not my favorite IM/WM build, but still excellent nonetheless.

carlino said:
They are great costumes and he does fantastic work. I've read on other forums that his attitude isnt the best toward other people as far as helping people out with how he does it, but then again.. If you could make something that awesome, how long would it take before it went to YOUR head too? haha

I guess you're right, but what's the point of being so stuck up to people who are trying to compliment you and look to you for advice because your suits are amazing? I mean, I can understand not wanting to help each and every individual with questions they could easily answer with a google search or something, but that doesn't mean you have to dismiss everyone either. I just think it's sad that someone that can make such amazing suits has to have a bad attitude when it comes to helping out.

Yeah, you have to be a decent person as well as a great prop-maker. These people won;t get far in life once people realize what they are. However, I concede he's VERy talented.

Derf Xephon said:
I guess you're right, but what's the point of being so stuck up to people who are trying to compliment you and look to you for advice because your suits are amazing? I mean, I can understand not wanting to help each and every individual with questions they could easily answer with a google search or something, but that doesn't mean you have to dismiss everyone either. I just think it's sad that someone that can make such amazing suits has to have a bad attitude when it comes to helping out.

Im not saying he is right to dismiss people and act the way I've read about, I for one would try to help out people however I could.. But Im sure it does get overwhelming. Though, he doesnt seem to reach out to anyone really so that's another matter.

The suit is amazing, the person in the suit is another story. But Im just remarking on the costume, which there is no arguement about it being very good.

I don't think it was the fact that he didn't respond to every question that bothered people.

I think it was the fact that he acted like using rivets and "super rare" high impact polyurethane sheets was an exclusive trade secret or something. All that animosity surfaced when Fetts replicated his method by making iron man armor out of a trash can.

Interestingly enough, when all the stir about his armor first appeared I wasn't surprised at the method. I had seen plastic sheets and rivets used to make amazing armor, just not Iron Man armor. I was a bit surprised that people credit him as the first to use the method.

Just goes to show you the potential of fabricating film armor/props before the public is exposed to it.

All that animosity surfaced when Fetts replicated his method by making iron man armor out of a trash can.

LOL

On second thought... can I quote that?

...when Fetts replicated his method by making iron man armor out of a trash can.

Doers anyone have any pictures of Fetts' armor? I'd like to compare :p

This thread praises a guy who is on this forum and in the time here has contributed nothing but self promotion, drama, and controversy Or anywhere else he goes for that matter and made no attempts to assist people just starting out when no one did anything wrong to him here initially to give him a reason to not help anyone out.

Instead chose to hoarde methods that weren't his and claim them as his own secrets.

An example is:

Alot of his suit uses "compression articulation" which someone I know introduced him to it and said it would work for his suit for joints and abs.

He later wrote the guy off saying he never read the tutorial my friend had made for him and then then next update had compression articulation incorporated in to the parts and said that it was his own methods not anyone elses. Basically stating he invented compression articulation without crediting the guy who introduced him to the basis of it.

This is dishonest prop making at it's finest...

Nice suit... But a sad addition to the costuming community and the human race in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back