An Old Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydrolicToaster

Hey all!

I'm back again to try my hand at making a set of armor. I've been a member of this site for around 10 years and try my hand at making it every few years. It usually ends up in failure as I could never get the sizing right. Previously I had used the pepakura method. It used to take me months of cutting, folding, and gluing to try and make some of those parts. Now that I own two 3D printers, I think I'm better equip to make my dream a reality.
I met some of the community at the Chicago Halo Outpost Discovery a couple years back and got to see some of the great work you all do.
I'm excited to be giving another shot!

If anyone has any specific tips (especially when it comes to sizing) I will be extremely grateful!
I hope to have some updates soon.

-HydraulicToaster

I used to run into a bit of trouble when I was doing all pep making multiple versions to get the size and see if the proportions look right before hardening. Now I use armor Smith designer to get the basic size and then still manually measure. Before you print it would be a good idea to slice a small portion first to check the fit

I used to run into a bit of trouble when I was doing all pep making multiple versions to get the size and see if the proportions look right before hardening. Now I use armor Smith designer to get the basic size and then still manually measure. Before you print it would be a good idea to slice a small portion first to check the fit
Good thinking! I'll for sure print the base of the helmet to do some tests first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back