Another Another Space Marine W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, guys. I am doing my best ^^

Personally I think, that using fluff scaling is looking good but not really convenient. And lil' question - do you have any idea of good crotch piece? Cause everyone I found seem to have to narrow cod piece.

Damn it all! I have under scaled the backpack, so it looks now like this:

2gw582d.jpg

x5rq6a.jpg

2eoz62d.jpg

I personally think that I'll have to throw it away. -.- So many work hours wasted.

hey is one of those other people looking into making a Space Marine, short? if so give it to them it'd be ashamed to trash, @ the least just leave it in the corner maybe you'll find a use for it

actually according to the pictures the scales not too far off

Compare it with the pic from our sigs. It should have about 15 - 20 cm more in width.

But all in all, maybe I'll transform this small backpack into my future Black Templars army container :p

I don't want to say it's small because I know how long it takes to pep lol. It's fantastic looking folds on it too, great work.

Using it as an army case would be an awesome idea. A couple of straps & it's a backpack. That'll make transporting to games easy.

Did you use the same scale as the chest? It should be the same. When I made mine I added some extra width to be on the safe side.

Hmmm... Same scale you say. Well, if I knew it before I wouldn't have made it 15cm too small ;p But all right, only thing I lost is time, fortunately it's only pep.

It'll be probably made into regular backpack. Or remade completely, if I manage to make my friend dress up as Adepta Sororitas. ;p

It is too small, that's true; but I wouldn't throw it away. Resin, bondo and paint it all the same, and see what it goes for on ebay!

In all honesty, the backpack does look small. The backpack should be huge! Your estimation of 15-20 cms wider sounds just like what I would say.

If you do finsih it, making the lower part of the back pack hollow and adding some shelfs would make for the most badass CD rack ever. :D

Great work so far, I didn't really notice the size of the pack at first, I was thinking the helm and shoulders were too big. The helm should have some room to move in the neck and the shoulders looked good from the front but too large in the back.

But take that with a grain of salt, I've been working on a scaled version for the past few weeks so my eyes are a bit askew.

The Sig picture isn't a good point of reference because it's not really drawn to scale or to any proper proportion. The same goes for most of the GW pics as well. There aren't many good reference since each artist interprets Marines differently. Ive looked at the Dawn of War photos too an there is no way someone could wear those suits.

For one the cod piece alone would be a real Ball Breaker! :lol

But I love the idea of a backpack/army case! I might make me one of those just for fun! If you lived in the States I'd buy it off of you. :(

Helmet is able to move. It is nearly perfectly fit in the neck, so it slides. I just don't want to make my neck visible. It destroys the armours "bulkiness" effect.

For shoulders - they are for me perfect. Again - small shoulders usually look funny. I want it to look as fluff accurate as possible.

Maybe because I'm basing it on miniatures and GW artwork it will be a little uncomfortable, but it'll look DEFINITELY like real Spess Mehren ;p

And shipping it from Poland isn't very expensive I suppose ;p

Great work so far! Too bad about the backpack, I hate having to redo pieces. But I like the idea about the Sororitas backpack. Lucky you if you know girls who would be up for it!

ATTENTION PLEASE! ANY PROGRESS SHOWN IN THIS POST IS CREDITED TO, AND ONLY TO, ANDRE!

I have been asked a few questions like "Is this estimated time real or is it only some kind of propaganda?" I can reply, that yes, this time is more or less real and we (me, AndrE and a few more friends) are getting to some serious pepping. We have encountered a few problems with 3D models and AndrE had to remake them.

I feel authorized to post here this pictures of his work, as he is doing it for our whole team:

Here are currently used files on a human body model:

2lc0abd.jpg

And here is the comparison of two kinds of shins. On the right leg - MKVII by Andre, on the left remade MKVI:

2ugdo47.jpg

As you can see, helmet may use a few more touchups and crotch needs to be totally remade. After that only unfolding and pepping. ONLY... ;p

That's all for the "Small update is always better than no update." rule. :p

By the way - these files are mostly based on Judges and Samurays files. If any of you guys don't want us to modify any of your models just PM me. We don't really want to cause any copyrights infringement or something like this.

See ya!

Mem

Great progress with the new models. I can't wait to see a build or two with them. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back