Another Noob In The Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainen

Hello all,

I have viewed the fourms for the past few weeks and finally decided to register and join the community and wanted to say hi to all and love all of the work I have seen done on this site. Almost every one is pure awesomeness (yes I used that word) and I cant express the amount of amazment I get from seeing these. A few tid bits about my self, I was born and raised in Kentucky (Not much to do here) and I have for a while been looking for a hobby I like and crafting props and making costumes of sorts has caught my attention for a long time but I never tired anything with it, till I found the 405th (Spectaular site BTW, cant give it enough props) and I will try with a few basic concepts I have and see how they pan out.

After a while of looking I have decided to make an armor my self out of pepekura, maybe making a cast out of that as I have seen other do for a sleeker armor, and make a few weapons like the plasma grenades leading up to a H3 sword.

There are many of the plasma's that were very well made but I wanna try to bring more life into them. My idea with that is have them give off a bright glow from the inside while keeping with a true look on the outside while inactive. For this concept I have decided to sculpt it in two sections. Section on being the main body "the blue section with side lights" and the second is the red strip and where the switch will be located. In a few days I plan on picking up some clay to start the sculpt but the main problem I can see thus far is when I go to cast the mold is keep the true shape, since the inside of the grenade with mainly be hollow.

Nice to meet all of you and I hope I can learn from a huge mass of great artist and creators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back