Another senseless school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolC

I went to lunch and then a breaking news.

A 24 year old guy, wearing a bullet-proof vest, brought 4 guns to a school in Connecticut and killed 27 people. So far 10 of them are young children.

I have 3 young kids and I worry about them everyday. I let my two boys play Halo, but nothing else - No other shooting games. I always tell them that can talk about Halo during their weekend game time. At all times they should not think about games or imitate games.

My heartfelt condolences to the victims and families.

Indeed CoolC, this is such a senseless act of violence. I do not understand the thinking of some people. It makes me mad and sad at the same time. I mean to prey on innocent children and adults......My prayers go out to the families of those affected by this tragedy.

So, we've got this, the mall shooting a few days ago, the theater shooting back in July. I would say this world's getting worse, but the truth is that the media coverage is just getting better. The awareness is having an impact, though. A few weeks ago, I remember reading about a mother somewhere who called the police on her son, who had been stocking up on weapons and ammunition. The son, after questioned, admitted that he was buying the weapons with the intent of going on a shooting spree. I fear for the future of the US's second amendment right. I personally don't want to walk around in a place where I don't have the right to own something that can protect me when criminals will have them anyway.

...I fear for the future of the US's second amendment right. I personally don't want to walk around in a place where I don't have the right to own something that can protect me when criminals will have them anyway.

I for one disagree with that amendment. But then again, it is not the gun that kills. It is the holder of the gun.

Horrible...what a sad tradegy. My heart goes out to those families that have lost a member of their family. Why shoot children? Why shoot anybody innocent? These kind of people sure dont use rational thinking at all. Let alone show any responsibility or have self integrity.

I agree with carp about the second ammendment. I also fear for it.

well, when the criminals know the lawful don't have weapons the crime rates spikes. Just like Chicago. Allow laws such as open carry laws in Arizona and Alaska to name a couple. Or at least allow teachers and staff to arm themselves with concealed. I worked at a restraunt for a year while I was in college and concealed everyday while at work. No one ever knew until the owner asked me after I did an interview with FOX News shortly after Virginia Tech.

My view, arm the lawful to stop crime instead of disarming them and becoming a reactive force to clean up the mess of another dead innocent when you could be doing a report on how a 73 year old lady put a 26 year old repeat offender in his grave when he tried to rob her. Or the teacher who stopped a school shooting but had to run a half mile to his vehicle and back to recover his sidearm. Then there were the two students who stopped a shooter a year before the big VT one. Man rolls in with a shotgun, wildly shooting. Both the students went to their vehicles and got their sidearms. Reentered the law school and stopped the active shooter and held him until police arrived.

Personnally, I've stopped a knife point robbery. The only time I've had to pull mine out of its holster, because when I told him to stop he called me out. So out came the ol' 1911. Quickly followed by the robber peeing himself, dropping the knife, and running.

Moral of all the stories, unarmed citizens is a playground for criminals which is why they are all for gun control. Armed citizens stop more crimes than are actually reported. For instance mine happened after I called the police 15 minutes before hand because he was threatening students, just no weapon. After I stopped him and he ran the cops showed... 30 minutes later. So to stop a crime arm a law abiding citizen. To clean up the mess after a crime, disarm them and give them a cell phone to call the cops with.

So ends my rant.

it's odd that it's the one's that don't even understand what war is get's put into the fireing line. when i heard about this i was listing to the radio while putting a second coat of paint on some helmets. then boom the words 'school shooting' rang out, i have a little brother whos in the thrid grade, and yeah we play halo a lot i mean a whole lot to the point he started helpping me with some builds. but when he got off the bus i was like thank god your home. so too those who have losed a son or daugther i'm sorry for your lose, and i guess we shouldn't be worrying about the terror attack over sea becasue it's getting just as bad here.

This tragedy may or may not have been preventable. Who's to say? I know what I saw today will be with me for a very long time.
On my local news channel, I saw two cops removing the body of a child from the school. I can't even comprehend the motives of an animal that would do this to children.
If you hate the world so much, just off yourself and have done. Don't make innocents pay for your self destruction.

I believe in defending yourself. I don't believe that civilians should have access to automatic weapons or even handguns, really. Those need to be reserved for the military and law enforcement.

My prayers and thought go to the families this day.

This is a horrible tragedy. The shooter probably had a motive and may have had few primary targets like his mother but to shoot a whole kindergarten class? Why? I can't even imagine the kind of Psychological Trauma that now affects the victims families and the families of the survivors but the kids will most likely need therapy for their whole school life. Just imagine the trauma for those who survived the shooting seeing their friends drop dead in front of them. I also feel sorry for the coroner's that have to examine the bodies of the kids that cause at least one to break down into tears. My thoughts are with them

This tragedy may or may not have been preventable. Who's to say? I know what I saw today will be with me for a very long time.
On my local news channel, I saw two cops removing the body of a child from the school. I can't even comprehend the motives of an animal that would do this to children.
If you hate the world so much, just off yourself and have done. Don't make innocents pay for your self destruction.

I believe in defending yourself. I don't believe that civilians should have access to automatic weapons or even handguns, really. Those need to be reserved for the military and law enforcement.

My prayers and thought go to the families this day.

The Constitution of the United States of America states, in the second ammendment, that it is the right of the people to keep and bear arms. The origional intent of this ammendment was for all law abiding people to be able to carry those weapons equal to the current military's armory. If you want to own an M1 Abrams tank, buy an M1 Abrams tank. If you want a full auto M249, go ahead. Just be ready for the cost of ammunition and upkeep. I'd like to have a suppressed full auto, but then I know how much burning 500-800 rounds per minute will cost. Still wouldn't mind a suppressed sidearm so if i ever have to use it I don't harm everyone around with the sound of the muzzle blast.

I say if you want to solve the problem include a class on firearm safety in schools, along with basic first aid. If a child knows how to handle a weapon safely and what kind of damage it can do, you can prevent so many "accidents". And with first aid training the children will be able to help out their fellow peers with any type of injury, and prevent them from causing more harm by ignorantly doing wrong first aid.

In conclusion arm the lawful, educate the masses, and start letting parents raise their kids right, and punish those who refuse to discipline their children.

Of course, you'll need the appropriate licenses there before buying anything surpressed, fully auto, or military. Said licenses are both expensive and require courses and background checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back