Any 405th'ers in Kansas City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's find a location we can do a meet and greet (or just dive right in)
Parks are out unless they have weather cover - don't need pep paper getting soaked in case of downfall. Indoor is ideal, as the heavy bondo/fiberglassing stages shouldn't be done at 'meet and greet' events.

Figure either find a place we can publically invade, or possible find a location (and someone willing) to share house/yard space for at least a meet up (even if this first time no actual work is done) I don't have space at my place to let several over at a time working on projects....

Maybe we can find a cheap place to rent for a social event like this... hmm.. any ideas?

My house is cmall and cramped, not to mention the horrid lighting. Is anyone here going to the gears 3 midnight release in a gears suit?

My house is cmall and cramped, not to mention the horrid lighting. Is anyone here going to the gears 3 midnight release in a gears suit?

thats my plan, gonna make it out of the EVA foam (hopefully, if i can find all the files!)

Gonna be a big night if I do too, suit, + all the game/fun stuff.. and a console... expensive!

I started a foam chest last night... Im unsure how this will turn out. I had high hopes, but .. I dont know now lol

Im not going to the gears release. But I am interested in meeting some of you guys.

I started a foam chest last night... Im unsure how this will turn out. I had high hopes, but .. I dont know now lol

Im not going to the gears release. But I am interested in meeting some of you guys.

Which chest part did you start? Got pics? I've been debating the chest due to it's mass but.. I dunno.. lets see some pics

I am taking pics, but if this doesnt shape up soon, Ill only be posting as a WTF did I do wrong thread lol. Im working on it tonight, might be posting the pics tomorrow.

Im going to the midnight release deffinetly,as for the armor I have a few pieces of B.carmines armor (arms,Belt area peices,and knee pads) around here some where?I started on it like when gears 2 first came out,but dropped it for some other project :/ To make a long story short I may or may not be going in armor:/ But if I get it done ill probably going as B.carmine with a gnasher.

As for meeting up,im game.All we need is a time and a place.

Right now, its not much to look at. A bunch of pieces that look really rough. Tomorrow, Im gonna angle and start gluing them. Its ugly right now, believe me, lol.

Well, hold on Ill post a couple pics of my parts in a few minutes. Why not?

Does anyone have the Gears thigh armor? Cuz I haven't found a Pep for that., nor the arm pieces (bicep or wrist)

how bout 1 pic of the chest to let me judge if I wanna try it in foam or not?

yea iam not so sure cog + foam is good idea... seems a bit complicated for the foam to handle. Messin with some of the small pieces (like shoulders) and it's problematic with the curves, this is more of the job for the Heat Gun forming method.

yea iam not so sure cog + foam is good idea... seems a bit complicated for the foam to handle. Messin with some of the small pieces (like shoulders) and it's problematic with the curves, this is more of the job for the Heat Gun forming method.

It has been sorta a pain, but I think I'm creepin up on her. Check out my tread for pics.

Ok, so anyone wanting to meet up fot the GoW release let me know and we can work something out. Some of us may need to change our reservations around. Luckily I haven't reserved it yet, so I'm not tied down yet.

Also anyone wanting to meet up before hand to pass around pointers and what not. We just need a time a place as stated before by someone.

I will be at the Gamestop in overland park at Orchard Corners across from the mall. But I would be willing to hit a few other places before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back