Anyone Else Feel This Way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iliketacos95

Jr Member
Does anyone else feel like me, that they were ripped off by microsoft (yet again) with Halo 3:ODST? I'm not trolling or aything, I just feel that ODST was WAY too short and that there's not enough of a game for $60. I know there's probably another post of this but I'm a little late since for about 4 weeks my bandwidth has been to low to pickup the forums.

I kinda agree. It was short and they sold you the same multiplayer maps from halo 3. I still thought it was a good game. I also liked firefight!

Sure it was short, but that's how some stories are.

Master cheif was the main character in all of the first three halo games. THis squad of ODSTs had one mission. To get to the tier 1 asset before the covies do.

Compare it to the game and then you will know why it is short.

-Pony

Took me about the same time to beat it as it did Halo 3. I personally liked it better! I couldn't care less about multiplayer though..

ahh personally i think i have mix thoughts on it i find firefight slaggiest an laggy not as crisp as it should which having a halo title on it over all i though the game was good though could be better i kinda think it was a cheap way to for M$ to make a good amount of money on an ok game

booo hooo hooo

honestly? did bungie not say from the get go that this is a Expansion? sure towards the end they said it was more, but it still wasnt a full tittle.... Everyone went into this knowing that they were paying 60 bucs for a "game expansion". So everyone please find something new to complain about, hate it for something other than the fact that its short, you knew it was coming.

now we already have a pretty good thread going about hating H3:ODST, can we keep it there?

also, if you beat the campaign in 2-3 hours you werent on a hard enough difficulty... "but im the best" alright throw on some skulls, make the game challenging and last... play some firefighht, Run around New Mombassa, play the 3 new mythic maps. I guarantee you, that you will be able to get your 60$ worth in game play.

I thought this game was great! Its replayability makes it worthwhile, and so does making heads explode with a pistol.

iliketacos95 said:
Does anyone else feel like me, that they were ripped off by microsoft (yet again) with Halo 3:ODST? I'm not trolling or aything, I just feel that ODST was WAY too short and that there's not enough of a game for $60. I know there's probably another post of this but I'm a little late since for about 4 weeks my bandwidth has been to low to pickup the forums.

By the way, yes there was another thread about this, and it isn't even halfway down the page you posted this on. Remember, the search feature is your friend. ;)

No, I think it is a fine price, New single player, firefight, and the three exclusive maps I think that this creates a game equivalent to Halo 3.Look at it this way, yes the campaign is a bit short (not that much shorter if you play on legendary)but I think that's made up for with the maps being included. Then to make up for the lack of a new version of H3 multiplayer you get firefight. So in the end it all kind of equals itself out. Now sure, some people will not like firefight, but I am sure there is an equal number of people who do not like traditional Halo multiplayer. I even paid extra for the collectors edition, the controller looks so cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
DreadMullet said:
booo hooo hooo

honestly? did bungie not say from the get go that this is a Expansion? sure towards the end they said it was more, but it still wasnt a full tittle.... Everyone went into this knowing that they were paying 60 bucs for a "game expansion". So everyone please find something new to complain about, hate it for something other than the fact that its short, you knew it was coming.

now we already have a pretty good thread going about hating H3:ODST, can we keep it there?

also, if you beat the campaign in 2-3 hours you werent on a hard enough difficulty... "but im the best" alright throw on some skulls, make the game challenging and last... play some firefighht, Run around New Mombassa, play the 3 new mythic maps. I guarantee you, that you will be able to get your 60$ worth in game play.

no im not ripping the campaign though on legendary i still found it easy played it on coop an beat it in a night you can easily shoot what you need to an crush threw

im just regarding i dont find it well done i feel it was rushed i find the firefight a piece of work great concept but the game engine cant handle it. I find the game lags when playing fire fight. To me if your calling it "halo 3" it should hold up to how well done that game was done sure it has it problems but every one knows you cant fallow something like that. Personally i wish they made it a full game an called it halo: ODST great story just to me doesnt fit with halo 3

personally i bought it for halo reach an i like the expansion though wish they expanded it more an created a whole knew series that is all

Well it was just an expansion anyway. I felt it was the length that expansions generally are. Still played good in my opinion and made for a pretty good game. I like the story and the game play, and the fact that you werent "super human" this time around, made it a good challenge. ALthough i would say, for the halo series we all know and love, this is defiantly a new direction that Bungie was going in for this game. Besides the price issue, Bungie had stated in a game informer, i cant remember the issue, before this game had come out when it was still under the title Recon, they had initially proposed the game to be 40$ BECAUSE it was an expansion.

I do agree though that it feels like a game that wouldnt seem it belonged to the halo universe.

I have good reason to believe Reach will have the same reaction.

I personally think 60 bucks for any game is a rip off, hence why I borrow them from other people, or trade them for stuff other people want, or just wait until a used copy is around 20-30 bucks, like back a while ago.... I miss when games were like 5 or 10.... Sega!!!

Anyway, ODST came out just like i though it would, they probably had a hard time making the game because an ODST trooper can't take a beating like MC can, so It ended up shorter then most people would have thought.

I thought the game was good, but kind of annoying how Microsoft priced it. Don't care if it turned out to be "more than an expansion", I basically paid for all the Halo 3 maps twice since I bought them already, so I've spent $60 on Halo 3 maps.

DreadMullet said:
booo hooo hooo

QFT. I got $60 worth just from the new Multiplayer disc (makes installing to the HDD much easier due to smaller size) and Firefight. Stop complaining, please, people. No one cares any more. Buy it, or don't buy it, play it, or don't play it. This subject has been beaten to death countless times already.

iliketacos95 said:

I don't give two $#!Ts how short the game is, the campaign was better than Halo 3's twice over.

Well, many people are having mixed reviews of this as I'm seeing, I never said the campaign was bad. I just said it was too short, and yes, I HAVE played through on Legndary/solo/and with Iron on. Also with the lack of matchmaking abilities for firefight seems a bit cheap, I believe many people initially bought this because they heard that you can get recon. There, I've expressed my opinion and know that someone else has made a thread on this, so please lock this.

Think about what you're saying:

You want to matchmake a co-op team dependant game.... With HALO fans?

That's hilarious.

I like it. Too expensive however. Firefight would be nice to play with matchmaking. Sure it would be once in a blue moon I would actually use the feature, but it beats not having it as an option. Nazi zombies can work online, don't see why firefight is any different.

Oh, and this game had WAAAAY too much hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back