Anyone Interested In 40k Costuming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sculpted the helmet in clay molded with silicone and cast with resin. Was planning on doing multiple pulls but there were...problems with the mold and it was destroyed.

Also did a tau pulse rifle a while ago. Based on a chuck of 2X12 wood.

The ork I am not sure yet. THinking doing one in mega armor, less fancy sculpting.

FinishedCarbine.jpg

SSG V

Acr1d said:
Can anyone see the pics? Thought it was fine.... That's a pretty awesome Tau helmet :eek: How do you plan on doing an Ork? I've thought of some ideas but nothing spectacular. I think their posture would be hard to replicate. Was also thinking of doing it similiar to how people make Predator costumes. Since Orks actually wear pants and boots you wouldn't need to worry about that but the arms and neck and stuff could just be some torso muscle shirt with sleeves and use stuffing or something for the ridonculously huge muscles then cover it in liquid latex and give it a nice paintjob And can sculpt the head use liquid latex for that too. That Thorsolli link isn't working for meh :/.
Hmmm, therpf might have done a cleaning of older threads, ill try to find it again and fix it later.

SGT V said:
I sculpted the helmet in clay molded with silicone and cast with resin. Was planning on doing multiple pulls but there were...problems with the mold and it was destroyed.

Also did a tau pulse rifle a while ago. Based on a chuck of 2X12 wood.

The ork I am not sure yet. THinking doing one in mega armor, less fancy sculpting.

FinishedCarbine.jpg

SSG V
I've seen that helmet and rifle before, i always wondered who made then, many kudos to you!
Gearsofhalo- its a pulse rifle, not a rail gun :lol:
I was thinking about doing a rail rifle... but to many other projects at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acr1d said:
Yowza 27 pages! This might take a while to read.... HOpe it has some good stuff :D

Mostly it's just 27 pages of people saying, "wow, I really hope someone does something with this." Scan through and look for pictures. There's a few progress shots that are pretty good. It's not worth reading the whole thing.

Well, I see that I'm not the only one interested in this topic. I'm actually working on some Space Marine Pep pieces, if anybody would like them.

-FireDrakeArchon

You betchya ass we would. I'm doing rundown's bolter atm and..... well it's like trying to put together a a jigsaw of a Jackson Pollock painting made out of tissue paper outside during a thunderstorm.... don't think it's even possible to complete it. Ima give it my best shot though! The final result would be badass

ACr1d - the bolter isn't that bad. The worst part of it is it's an enclosed model. They can be a pain at times. The Spnkr was a lot worse than the bolter looks to be. Take your time and it'll come out fine.

Jax Archillies said:
no. all space marines are at least ten feet tall. so we're all good. not sure where you heard 5 foot from.

ive got that bolter file.

my bolter file?
o_O sure send me WIP if you make it

Will do. some parts are fine it's just some pieces seem unnecessarily hard. I don't know much about pepakura but I think it just needs to be unfolded differently. I'm guessing it's tough to unfold it but another thing is that a lot of the parts aren't symmetrical so say if I did half of the backside of the gun it isn't any easier to do the other half cause I have to find different pieces. And some parts are pretty easy to put together but other parts are really hard eve nif it's just the other side of the gun. See what I'm saying?. And is there's no numbers :(

Yeah I realized right after I printed it all out that I didn't XD. But didn't want to waste all that paper :/. Not having numbers isn't that much of a problem. I just keep open the model of it. Hmm think I need to re-read the pepakura stickies heheh

Acr1d said:
Yeah I realized right after I printed it all out that I didn't XD. But didn't want to waste all that paper :/. Not having numbers isn't that much of a problem. I just keep open the model of it. Hmm think I need to re-read the pepakura stickies heheh

o_O my mistake, i'll fix it

Okay here's a chart that was cooked up (not by me)

Eldar - 6'5"-7'0"

Tau
Kroot - 6'5"
* Fire Caste - 4'4"-4'8"
* Water Caste - 4'0"-4'5"
* Ethereal Caste - 4'0"-4'5"
* Air Caste - 4'5"-5'5"
* Earth Caste - 3'8"-4'3"

Orks

* Snotlings - 2'0"
* Gretchin - 3'0"
* Boyz - 6'0"
* Nobz - 7'5"
* Mega Nob - 8'0"
* Warboss - 10'0"

Jesus christ bananas Firedrake that thing looks so sick and eerily easy to put together! I'll try to get started on it tonight :D

Acr1d said:
That's pretty bitchin Rob. How'd you make those? I'm going to experiment with a few different ways of making one. My first was pretty much just carboard and duct tape but am working on a resin/bondo one now. Am looking into that Wonderflex material. Resin and bondo is turning out to be pretty heavy and I don't mind the heaviness but it's really hard to strap everything on. Might also try out the guy's from cosplay's guide. They're the ones that did the black templars.
Oh and I was asking if grunts from halo are 5ft tall. Yeah most Astartes are like 3 meters tall but it can vary. Some chapters recruit people then enhance them and some have clones

Thank you
I dished out .090 Aul and vavuformed them add the Skull and silver rivets. I would like to do more but that over 2 years old

p0rtalman said:
Rob- those shoulder pads look awesum!
Thorssoli has made a VERY nice beaky marine helmet, plus a kickass bolter, here's his thread on them on therpf:
Thor's warhammer stuff.
I'm thinking about doing some cadain stuff in the future.
Edit: forgot to mention that I'm a pro painter, i don't play very often at all, but i get a LOT of commission work.

Thank you : )

I have seen Thorssoli stuff be for ... nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back