Arbiter Update 16: Maximum Smoothness..

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i know! when i was calculating the cost of my armor, i was expecting to have to pay atleast $20 for a decent pir of shoes. and they were originaly marked for $3, but when they scanned them they came up as 2.25 that was a good day. :D

rachciav said:
yea i know! when i was calculating the cost of my armor, i was expecting to have to pay atleast $20 for a decent pir of shoes. and they were originaly marked for $3, but when they scanned them they came up as 2.25 that was a good day. :D
Ill have to find some shoes at that price if its possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice idea for the stilts! I just wanna say one thing though. I would make the high heal thing on the back a little thicker. To be honest, in the picture it looks like the first time you step the wrong way it will snap off. And you probably have already thought of this, but you should build up the whole thing with some foam or something so it fits more snugly. Even around the shoe if you are going to glue or nail the shoe on. Just a couple ideas, good luck!

death said:
Nice idea for the stilts! I just wanna say one thing though. I would make the high heal thing on the back a little thicker. To be honest, in the picture it looks like the first time you step the wrong way it will snap off. And you probably have already thought of this, but you should build up the whole thing with some foam or something so it fits more snugly. Even around the shoe if you are going to glue or nail the shoe on. Just a couple ideas, good luck!
You just basically told the story of two nights ago! ;)
Yeah, I have to reinforce the back a bit more. The straps were just a prototype, I will be adding shoes later.Foam is a good idea though!

Well, started to try some new stuff, in the first post you will see that I started to use "Model Magic" From Crayola.
Works AWESOME! Just gotta rondo over it.

As for the paint color, i'd go over it with a clear gloss or something chromey. It just looks more grey to me than silver.

Dark Rogue said:
As for the paint color, i'd go over it with a clear gloss or something chromey. It just looks more grey to me than silver.

??? I didnt color it, its the clay....

The stilts...

The back supports are very thin and only have one contact point. I suggest adding some supports so it doesnt just snap off while you are walking.

Update, WITH PICS!

1. I said I got some shoes, tada,
IMG_1037.jpg

2. I said I started with bondo on my torso, tada,
IMG_1038.jpg

3. I said Someones getting a makeover, ta- wait, Ill just give you a teaser....
IMG_1040.jpg

And all in all, heres what else I will be working on.
IMG_1043.jpg

(Dont Hurt Me Spase!)
IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

Remember these are rough drafts on a 4x4 sheet of plywood, I must add detail yet, these are the basics, well, except for Mister Chief, hes pretty basic!

Keegan said:
You just basically told the story of two nights ago! ;)
Yeah, I have to reinforce the back a bit more. The straps were just a prototype, I will be adding shoes later.Foam is a good idea though!

Ya, probably should have read through the whole thread before posting lol. I was feeling a bit lazy... Anyway, good progress, good luck, and sorry :D

EDIT: Lol I find that when wearing ski boots, if you walk on your toes it looks like an elite! They are all hard plastic in case you don't know, they are just expensive and it gets hard to walk on the toes.

Sisko4 said:
Good Work Man!

When you´re finished i would go to the next Army Recruting Store (or how do you call that?) and watch theyre Reaction:

"Oh $#!T man, thats the Arbiter, call Juck Norris!!" :lol:

Juck?

Thanks Guys, I got the whole front of the chest bondoed, and I rondoed a few minutes ago, so Ill hopefully have an update later tonight.

WOW! as in: WOW! Forgive me if the shoes have
been on here else where; but this is the
first time I've ever seen the solution to that backed
curved foot that has stopped the elite costuming for
many. That's the best idea I've seen so far. Good job!

Roodkill said:
WOW! as in: WOW! Forgive me if the shoes have
been on here else where; but this is the
first time I've ever seen the solution to that backed
curved foot that has stopped the elite costuming for
many. That's the best idea I've seen so far. Good job!
Shank you! Someone here posted the idea earlier, I just modified it a bit.

Guess Who! Its Mr Update!
Well, sorta, I will get off my butt and give you pics by Tuesday at least. I have thought of this cool idea for my helmet, to add more detail, and Ill share later. I have the chest smoothed, in which I will super sand and add detail. Stay tuned,
oh, and you know those big pictures of the logo and Mister Chief and stuff? Well, I cut those out, and started to paint, pics Tuesday.

Did you use hot glue to hold everything together in those stilits? Did you fiberglass before bondoing that chest? Looks kind of droopy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back