Armor Decal / Patch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That it does! Great work there, Doc.

As for the molding master for the pin Magnum proposed, I'm hesitant to admit I haven't done anything with that yet. Sorry, buddy *shrug*.

I've really gotten into working on my Mk VI helmet, plus I'm helping another member here with thiers. Seems like I'm lending a helping hand everywhere, lol.

Anyway, I'll make sure to find some time to get to work on this, though... :)

Here is my sticker I made for my shoulder.
kohlogo_white.jpg

However, I had to take the gold leaf out.

I'll repost this here since it was originally intended to be a shoulder patch.
BTW, the green isn't part of the patch, it's just the background.
2269409953_6d02e5d353.jpg

Unique Name said:
I'll repost this here since it was originally intended to be a shoulder patch.
BTW, the green isn't part of the patch, it's just the background.
2269409953_6d02e5d353.jpg

Awesome lookin' Unique :D

Last edited by a moderator:
DoC ByTeS said:
photo-4196.png

Is laurels, Is good?

I like it! The best things about making our own logos is there are really no limits :)

Well I just realized I'm not to good at Illustrator.

But here:
It's the Spartan Patch from the game.
SpartanPatch.jpg

I took a picture of my monitor while playing H3. He He :p Then traced over it with Adobe. Maybe some one else can do a better job.

SPARTAN G-099 said:
Well I just realized I'm not to good at Illustrator.

But here:
It's the Spartan Patch from the game.
I took a picture of my monitor while playing H3. He He :p Then traced over it with Adobe. Maybe some one else can do a better job.

Couldn't sleep

DoC ByTeS said:
Couldn't sleep

Thats awesome Doc! This is what it should look like. You wouldn't mind if I use it to make a sticker or possibly a real patch, would you? ;)

SPARTAN G-099 said:
Thats awesome Doc! This is what it should look like. You wouldn't mind if I use it to make a sticker or possibly a real patch, would you? ;)

Not really my artwork I simply trace it as well as you did, ;)

Sorry I am dropping in on this thread a little late. I'm pretty good with Illustrator and if you need some help I would be more than glad to lend you some. Check this site out for some great links on tutorials on Illustrator and Photoshop. They even have some links to tutorials on MS access, excel and well almost everything. The site is www.pixel2life.com. If you need some specific help I'm here for you guys and gals.

Oh, and nice work on that patch. Any plans to get that down to a local printers to make some, multi colored or single, vinyl stickers? This would be great to add to ones armor and would look a lot cleaner than painting it on, but might be a little more expensive.

fightstar said:
Sorry I am dropping in on this thread a little late. I'm pretty good with Illustrator and if you need some help I would be more than glad to lend you some. Check this site out for some great links on tutorials on Illustrator and Photoshop. They even have some links to tutorials on MS access, excel and well almost everything. The site is www.pixel2life.com. If you need some specific help I'm here for you guys and gals.

Oh, and nice work on that patch. Any plans to get that down to a local printers to make some, multi colored or single, vinyl stickers? This would be great to add to ones armor and would look a lot cleaner than painting it on, but might be a little more expensive.
I could do some multicolored vinyls of this patch. But I would need to talk with a guy about it first to see how much they would cost and such. I am at work today and tomorrow but I was also going to go to a local shop and see if I could get this turned in to a patch as well.
After I get all the details worked out I will post back here or start a topic about stickers and patches to guage interest.

Question. Is Adobe Illustrator a vector program? I ask because I am getting quite proficient with Inkscape, which is another vector illustrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back