Army of two mask WIP pics and paint ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
aw harro :) ive been working on an army of two mask for my older bro for his 22nd birthday and he stupidly said i could customise it how i want too :) sad thing is, i dont really know what to do :/ been thinking about adding flames to the side of the mask and maybe a scar on the left eye

BUT WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS :)

just ya basic pep stage
2011-04-25_22-06-48_749_KPT.jpg

a few layer of resin, have tape on the inside pulling it together to retain the shape
2011-04-26_20-15-48_248.jpg

bondo added, bit too lumpy :/
2011-04-27_19-42-20_124.jpg

primed it so i could clearly see any problem areas
2011-04-28_14-18-38_304.jpg

added spotting putty and resanded, looks a mess but really smooth :) just needs priming again
2011-04-28_18-03-17_155.jpg

I think it would look pretty sweet with the scar idea. Like towards the end of the movie 300 how leonidas's helmet is chipped above and below the eye. As far as the paint goes I like the bare steel look with rivets or bolts around the seams.

It may just be the angle of the camera, but it looks kind of skinny. Does it fit all good? Also, there's some Army of Two paintball masks about with some pretty awesome paint jobs on them, might be able to check out some of those for inspiration? (I forget the site I found them on, sorry, but if you google Army of Two Paintball, I think they come up).

I think it would look pretty sweet with the scar idea. Like towards the end of the movie 300 how leonidas's helmet is chipped above and below the eye. As far as the paint goes I like the bare steel look with rivets or bolts around the seams.

yeah thats what my inspiration was :) and i like the idea about rivets and bolts, will really think about that :D

It may just be the angle of the camera, but it looks kind of skinny. Does it fit all good? Also, there's some Army of Two paintball masks about with some pretty awesome paint jobs on them, might be able to check out some of those for inspiration? (I forget the site I found them on, sorry, but if you google Army of Two Paintball, I think they come up).

yeah it is a bit skinny, i didnt really use proper supports :/ i used some tape on the inside to pull it together to stop it from folding outwards when i worked on it, my bro says it fits him fine, but know him he wont wear it anyway ¬_¬ will just go on his wall
yeah i have seen a few, but tbh i dont think i could match them lol, not the best painter, i dont wana ruin this for my bro

ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO QUOTE 2 PEOPLE IN ONE POST PLEASE< SAVES WITH THE DOUBLE POSTS

ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO QUOTE 2 PEOPLE IN ONE POST PLEASE< SAVES WITH THE DOUBLE POSTS[/QUOTE]

The little gray button next to "reply with quote" It has a quotes marker bubble with a plus sign. That is the "multi quote" button. hit that on the posts you wanna quote. Then on the last one, hit reply with quote, and all of them should show up in the text box. BTW great AO2 mask, i need to work on mine for me and my bro.

ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO QUOTE 2 PEOPLE IN ONE POST PLEASE< SAVES WITH THE DOUBLE POSTS

The little gray button next to "reply with quote" It has a quotes marker bubble with a plus sign. That is the "multi quote" button. hit that on the posts you wanna quote. Then on the last one, hit reply with quote, and all of them should show up in the text box. BTW great AO2 mask, i need to work on mine for me and my bro.[/QUOTE]

thats great cheers mate
they easy to make with i love. quick to pep and get to the detailing stage, gona make quite a few for me and bro

Also to fix those sentences you've both got that end with [/QUOTE] but aren't actually quotes, put [ QUOTE] before the paragraph (without the space after the [

That's also how you manually do up quotes:

Coroidan said:
MY PANTS ARE ON FIRE!

update guys:

i had one coat of primer and resanded it down and added spotting putty and sanded once more, was also chosing where to put the scar
2011-04-29_17-15-03_882.jpg

reprimed and scar added :)
2011-04-29_17-43-05_139.jpg

resprayed it black and dry brushed some metal silver to make it appear battle damaged
2011-04-30_22-30-07_749.jpg

2011-04-30_22-30-17_163.jpg

2011-04-30_22-30-37_757.jpg

how do i look :p
2011-04-30_22-31-49_108.jpg

gona keep this thread open and add more masks when i make them, gona make at least one from every file verison i have

Nice work on that scar. I like how you roughed up around the eyes also. Is that a large scratch on the left side or just the cheekbone area?

Nice work on that scar. I like how you roughed up around the eyes also. Is that a large scratch on the left side or just the cheekbone area?

just the cheek bone mate, i didnt wana add to much damage and make it ridiculous ( cant spell hehe ) i tired my best with the dry brushing and just hope i didnt do tooo much.
thanks about the scar dude. took me ages to decide where to put it, never looked quite right you know. but just gentle dremeled it. almost went through :/

On mine its black with dark gray tiger stripes, and then a Grey, black then grey again stripe down one side through the eye, with a lot of silver weathering, and the other one for my airsoft guest, usually my lil bro, is the same pattern, with no stripe.

started my next mask, this one could be for my bro, or not, kinda like this shape tbh, much better than the last

2011-05-03_22-27-16_241.jpg

2011-05-03_22-27-25_827.jpg

resined inside and out
2011-05-04_16-59-41_554.jpg

rondo on the inside, also did the outside but no pic :/
2011-05-04_17-00-02_961.jpg

rondo and bondo with some spotting putty,
2011-05-04_21-31-36_580.jpg

sanded down nice and smooth, next is prime it to see any problem areas
2011-05-04_23-01-44_949.jpg

primed white :) looks great, few areas i need to resand and add spotting putty
2011-05-04_23-04-28_782.jpg

2011-05-04_23-05-12_85.jpg

cheers mate :) with this one ive been thinking about making it glow in the dark, but im gona be making loads for me and bro's bedroom wall

yeah seen a thread on here somewhere, this guy made his mrk vi armour glow in the dark, was pretty awesome :D hard to photograph though :/

coated in the plasti-kote glow in dark spray paint
2011-05-05_18-54-25_517.jpg

after a few seconds of expose to light
2011-05-06_21-43-01_444.jpg

placed my hand on it, turned on light and this is what happened
2011-05-06_21-43-30_413.jpg

short video of it in action, sorry for bad quality, it was on my phone

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back