Assault Rifle ammo counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC PwN 3R

so anyways, i bought a sheet of transparent paper and was wondering where to get the ammo counter for the Assault Rifle. im gonna hook it up with led lights so therefore i wont need to print out any colours than the black outlines of the counter. soo if anyone gots a template out there for the ammo counter, please give it here, im gonna hook it up and its gonna be cool! :lol:

Here is the counter template!

There is 60 rounds in the MA5B (Halo: Combat Evolved)
There is 32 rounds in the MA5C (Halo 3)

assaultriflecounterjx9.jpg

*Hard to see, sorry, all I could find.

Zaso117 said:
try this site
here
i was going to do the same for mine but get the stuff for the LED lit counter and see if i can talk to some of my freinds or people at radioshack to make it hook up to the trigger so when i pull it, it counts down every time and just resets when at 0

Last edited by a moderator:
that would be sick, you'd need some type of chip/microcontroller though to do that with the LCD thing

its a really simple circuit actually well not extremely simple but simple enough... ill see if i can get a schematic together from the kids in my electronics class

~jay~

redragon74 said:
i was going to do the same for mine but get the stuff for the LED lit counter and see if i can talk to some of my freinds or people at radioshack to make it hook up to the trigger so when i pull it, it counts down every time and just resets when at 0

thats crazy...i would tip my hat to someone that can pull it off

well ive had the thaught for a while because i forget wear i saw it, it might have been here but someone was mold casting the Assault Rifle and they actually had the backlit LED screen on it but no checkpoint arrow. After talking about it to fellow freinds of mine and bringing it up to my sister it was also suggested to put a small compass in it IF it fits *simulating the arrow* the idea i had was to get a cheap airsoft pistol and take it apart but save the handle and trigger. wire in some monetary switch or something like that INSIDE the trigger and put that inside the gun as the ARs trigger mechanism so it actually had the lifelike pull and the working screen. granted you wouldnt have the fast countdown as if it was on full auto, but still its as close to the real thing as i could get lol but im sure it could be done to. Ive had alot of ideas i want to do for instance i found a water bottle for a little hamster cage i had to throw away *you would be surprised what you find in a petstore* , im turning it into a covie gernade :) but thats another post

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v217/red...¤t=100_4063.jpg

I think getting a countdown of the remaining ammo (not to mention a working compass) would elevate the professionalism and realism of this site that much more.

Looking forward to this development.

You're going to need the help of and experienced electrical engineer. You'll need to have custom circuit boards made, and purchase and assemble your componets.

=

Maybe you can talk one of the Aliens Prop Rifle builders.... maybe they can build you a custom one...

http://www.aspeng.com/

Could this DIY electronics kit be tweaked to be an ammo counter? Preset to 60 (MA5C) or 32 (MA5C) rounds, wire the counter to a trigger switch and reset to a bolt handle switch.
[attachment=1459:ck1613_1_.jpg]
I posed the question of building a simple board on another thread here on the forum, but that thread wasn't ammo counter specific.

-dwoo

Well to display anything on an LCD, your going to need to give power to the right pins at the right time. So you'd almost need a microcontroller to regulate the various voltages to the pins in order to make each number.

did some messing around and came up with this, closest and it was done in 15 min. if u guys wanna mess around with it, go. its just really simple to make, if u know how to use the pen tool from photoshop

link4044 said:
you need to add the top part under the number

If someone can get me a high rez screenshot from in game with the assault rifle out and LCD counter visible, I'll do it up in Illustrator for you guys.

problem is, is that you could use an lcd display, but it wouldn't look the same as the halo display, so you would need to find some way around this.

Hi-res from Halo3 :)

counterqa2.jpg

Remember that the symbol on the top is rotating, but thats maybe a bit overkill..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back