Aware's Odst Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good Aware!

Thats some nice fabric you have found for your soft armor. Im pretty sure you will finnish in time for the launch ;)

Thanks guys fir the good feedback :D , right now im just waiting on some pieces to dry then paint them. I'll put a new update when they are done.

Oh and just for a quick update i found some CD cover sticker laying around so i printed the UNSC and eagle logo and cut it out. they turn out really good.( they look too shiny on the picture i dont know why)

IMG_4001.jpg

First off, I would like to say that this project looks great, and is really comming along nicely.

Secondly, would it be to much of a bother to tell me exactly what material you used for the "padded" armour parts.

Thanks in advance, and again, great work.

Cheers!

falcon NL said:
Looking good Aware!

Thats some nice fabric you have found for your soft armor. Im pretty sure you will finnish in time for the launch ;)

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
First off, I would like to say that this project looks great, and is really comming along nicely.

Secondly, would it be to much of a bother to tell me exactly what material you used for the "padded" armour parts.

Thanks in advance, and again, great work.

Cheers!

I went to the fabric store and asked for a black stretchy material , kinda like spandex and the lady showed me like 3 or 4 types of fabric and choose that one. I dont know the name of the fabric

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys i got a new update on my armor and i live it ;) , I finish all the chest pieces and i couldn't stop till it was semi-completed lol, so i made a harness looking thing with straps and buckles to attach all the pieces together.

I still gotta fix some the belt buckle because keeps on going to one side thats why on the pictures it looks kinda tilted to one side, but i already figure it out how to fix this little problem and ill be on it as soon as possible.

Anyways here are some pictures of the Armor, Also u can see a vest hanging on the bottom, juts don't mind it i had to use something to hold the pillow that im using as stuffing for my mannequin, i got tired of working on the floor so i made one with a busted tripod for video camera and its working good for now. I also use the tripod to hold my resined pieces and paint stuff.

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

HaloFreakX said:
1337, Lol

Very nice!

What sorta paint are you using? And did you pep the straps?

Im using Rust-Oleum hammered Black paint and i made the straps with fomie and then cover them with the same fabric from the chest pieces. :lol

Paints a lil glossy, I think gunmetal black is the best but, I'm not sure if I can find any round' here.

HaloFreakX said:
Paints a lil glossy, I think gunmetal black is the best but, I'm not sure if I can find any round' here.

Your absolutely right , actually i was looking for a gunmetal black paint for cars but i dont have a paint gun and i dont think i can do that on my garage even if i had it lol... so i went with this and it turn out great. It looks glossy on the pictures because of the lights but its not actually that shiny.

This is the color i was looking for:

gunmetal%20elise%20002.jpg

Just a quick update, i finished the chest armor now its done the onlt thing missing are the arms and the left shin.

Anyways here is a picture. :D

IMG_4134.jpg

I don't have the completed shin piece on cause i still gotta add the straps, ill do it tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for all the good feedback ;)

Im gonna be working on the gauntlets and the other thigh piece leaving the helm to the end. I hope i can finish everything before september cause here in Canada starts getting cold and the weather sucks for resining and all that stuff.

Ill keep you guys updated soon.

Your armor looks awesome! Wish I had that kind of patience. lol

I would like to work on an ODST suit soon. Do you have any advise on how to do the helmet? I had printed it off once but sadly, I didn't really try to do it because a lot of the numbers were all clumped together so I couldn't read them, and that made it really hard to see where I needed to cut and fold...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back