Aztlan's Halo 4 Rogue + Binary Rifle + M6H + Exo-suit WIP, PIC HEAVY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The undersuit is looking... Really impressive! I'm actually at a loss for words to describe how good it looks! Oh, and the video is private.

DOH! Okay, video should be fixed now. Here it is again for this page

And thanks Blackout11c for the compliment :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem! I will put a link to the video on my first post so it will be easier to find.

For the most part, the shoes are completed. I added the padding, and connected the lower legs permanently. There are a few details pieces to finish, and to apply a solution to the soles, but I must admit that they are very comfortable, provide full range of movement (even with the legs attached), and are easy to put on and take off.

Here they be:

SAM_1094_zpse69d4c4f.jpg

Now to start working up!

Attachments

• SAM_1094_zpse69d4c4f.jpg
    SAM_1094_zpse69d4c4f.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 152
Love this thread, love the viddy. Hope you keep building and posting pics. I especially like all the details lines so feel free to go into that!

Really like the build. I'm just getting back into building and I'm looking for inspiration on a foam Halo 4 suit. Yours has definitely given me some!

Love this thread, love the viddy. Hope you keep building and posting pics. I especially like all the details lines so feel free to go into that!

Wish granted! Also, I have created two other quick vids on; Dremel use for EVA; and Basic Electronics tips. They will be available shortly and once they are, can be found on my YouTube channel :)

Dremel video is live and can be found here.

Basic LED Electronics tips can be found here.

If there are any other videos you would like, I will be more than happy to create them if they are within my abilities :)

okay you are making me do this....

man-drinking-coffee-from-pot.jpg

because now I've got to pull out a few sheets and try to do this.

Attachments

• man-drinking-coffee-from-pot.jpg
    man-drinking-coffee-from-pot.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 148
LOL Foxleader :)

I think tomorrow, while waiting for FedEx to deliver my new supply of EVA (18 brand spankin' new sheets!), I will do a video on drawing templates... and more importantly, how to figure out where to draw in contour lines from looking at a 2d image. This will require a bit more finesse since I will have to download and install some sort of screen capture software (FRAPS?) so that I can demonstrate properly.

Any other suggestions on possibly better screen capture software (freeware) would be greatly appreciated!

EVAkura... why are you so awesome? This is definitely my favorite thread right now.

Also, google "open source screen capture software", you'll find a bunch of different results.

I'm wired now, the net is not safe, nor is my shop. and I'm trying to make my odst suit which is now going to have a thin foam skin look even better with this vid.... be back in an hour maybe if I don't crash.

You sir are my Hero! A legend and so much more!!! I really appreciate the fact that you actually took the time to make explanation videos for us :))) What if i dont have a heat gun? Am i still able to make those shapes? Can't wait for more!!!

Pretty awesome vids man! I subbed to your Youtube channel so I don't miss any of these awesome tutorials! As far as taking screen caps goes, if you're using Windows 7 premium or higher, it comes with a very handy tool called the "Snipping Tool". I hope this is what you're looking for, and I look forward to more on this super cool build. :D

Thanks everyone! I am extremely happy to know that you all are liking the videos. It's funny though... I was so hesitant at making them because of how difficult I thought it would be... boy was I wrong. With all the tools available now, it is very painless.

... What if i dont have a heat gun? Am i still able to make those shapes? Can't wait for more!!!

Yes :) In a pinch, others have used hair dryers. I can not vouch for that myself, but don't see any reason why not. It may take a bit longer, but it should work. My theory is and always has been... do a test! Also, I have seen this done before, but also have not tried it, but using a small propane torch works. Now, obviously, there is extreme safety steps to be adhered to if you go that route... after all, EVA is flammable and you could also burn yourself if you get it to it's melting point, which is not really that high.

Just a bit of info though... Heat guns are very inexpensive (I opted for the more expensive one here, but you can get them as cheap as $10-15 at places like Harbor Freight or Wal-Mart.

To form the EVA though, heat must be used to relax the material and close the cells.

So, I downloaded and did a test run with Screencast-O-Matic (found on CNet's Download.com site... the only place I trust!), and I think it will work great. It allows me to record both what is happening on my screen, as well as my web cam with sound. I should have the next video finished and published today.

Now, off to making some sort of script for the next one... "How I create templates from looking at a 2 dimensional representation of a 3 dimensional object so that I may form a 3 dimensional object from a 2 dimensional surface, which is actually 3 dimensional because it has depth" - I may want to shorten that title though! :)

evakura if Andrew cook AKA dafrontlinetrooper can do so can you I mean he's pushing out more and more as he goes from ODST to skyrim and mass effect, and that's just in his free time. plus I'm still wired.

New video on how I make templates is completed and uploaded to my YouTube channel!

I will now use that template and create the piece, as well as form the other piece shown in the video. Updates on that progress will be up shortly... most likely as an edit to this post :)

Yup, I finished them in time :)

Both pieces formed and ready for details and assembly (just waiting for my new shipment of EVA to arrive)

SAM_1096_zpsb877a9ff.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_1096_zpsb877a9ff.jpg
    SAM_1096_zpsb877a9ff.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 147
Much accolades for your willingness to share your experiences in such depth; that takes time away from your family, friends, and building, and we're all better for it. Keep up the good work! By the by, are you attending any cons in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back