Back in the saddle - foam armour for my kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh... everyone here is all fancy pants with family crests now.
I feel left out.

Jme Sweet, Mando battle armour. The Jawas look great, how did your get the lights to float in place like that?

It's actually very easy.

I bought cheap Halloween hockey masks at my favourite place (Dollarama).

Then you cover the eye holes with a black lace fabric that you can see through and the rest of the mask with a solid black fabric. To make the eyes you get two of those plastic thingys that toys come in from gum-ball machines. You sand the inside of the dome part and then paint it orange. Then you wire a mini-led to the bottom part and affix the whole thing to the mask just under the eye slots (running the wires under the black fabric). The kids can see out the eye holes of the hockey mask but because of the black fabric covering their eyes and the light just bellow them, you can't see their eyes. I made the inside of the cowl black to help with the effect..

If you look really closely at the picture, you can see their eyes just above the lights.

Wiring helmet fans

52BBD9B4-DC0C-481D-A074-E157F55214CC.jpeg

Two sets done and ready to be glued in.

E69ED365-8726-4942-9862-1D55271C2C20.jpeg

Jme, just about done man.........everything looks great......very jelly of the rifle.

Reactions: Jme
Green spartan has got some serious hero poses sorted there! Insirational! You have your own cast for a live action short now...haha!

Amazing job.

Sorry I'm a tad late buuuuut WOOOO awesome work Jme!! They may be hidden but I bet there's faces of pure joy and pride in their fathers excellent craftsmanship behind those helmets! bravo good sir, bravo. Also that AR paint job is amaaaaazing, I absolutly love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back