Balistek's Wip N00B Alert::

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, been awhile... but update. I ditched that last iron man. I just made a new one. It is a one piece in the back and is soo much easier to assemble

P5040104.jpg

I scraped that older iron man helm.. and unfortunately I had to scrap the Flying squirrel helm.. tears

I think im finally starting to get the hang of this whole pep'ing thing. I will def do very light coats of resin on this helm tomorrow.

Wow this is really good dude. But i have a question, What GSM paper are you using ( 200 GSM or 180 GSM). It's good to use 200 gsm as its almost warp resistant. Oh and alsofor the Iron man helmet size it a little bit larger say 3-6 cm space as the padding will take of up 3cm yes but have some space for your head to wiggle in as the Iron man helm is a tight fit.

Good work, hope to see more progress.

im assuming that 200 gsm is the international equivalent to 110lb cardstock. If it isn't, that is what I am using. The warping issues I had on the HD halo helm was my own fault. I didn't put the visor in thinking just the struts would suffice.

been busy as of lately. managed to get this

P5260070.jpg

Anyway, I made samuray's short chin model scaled at 254mm height. Does it look like the correct sizing? It is not 100% put together, but it is very close

P5260074.jpg

balistek said:
Visor( why are there two layers on the pep?????)

P4010090.jpg

HaloGoddess said:
I was wondering the same thing as to why there are 2 layers for the visor on the MK VI helmet. :eek I doubt you really need both. As long as you have one, fully pepped visor to help hold it in place, I'm sure that's all that matters. :p

it's so you can choose which one you want.

for example: the one that is cylindrical and not spherical would be better for pepping. (easier to unfold and sturdier)

the spherical one is more game-accurate.

also, you could use the extra one as a template for the designs on mc's visor. (just cut out the design on the pepped one and tape it to your visor then dremel and voilà you have an accurate dual-layered visor.

balistek said:
I would like to thank xtreme tactics for helping me some scaling issues. I am confident that this scale size will work out perfectly.

do you remember what scale you used?

your work looks really good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i am pretty sure my scaling was 275mm. This is on FS final version pep file. Unfortunately, I had major warping on that helmet. So i have the pleasure of remaking it.

Edit: thanks for the compliment.. appreciate it :D

lil update: I got that IM helmet coming out fair.
P6070085.jpg

Started sanding down with no bondo on outside yet and got this
P6250101.jpg

I really need to harden the edges of the helmet as that is severely lacking. So I remembered that JediStumpy, I believe, used cardstock to create a bottom so he could slush cast plastic without getting a mess everywhere. Well, I took what I had available. I used medical tape to pull the model into better shape and to create a bottom. I left a pour spot out and will be rondoing very soon. Cant wait to start brushing on the bondo in sections and doing finish work

P6250102.jpg

Here is a small update:

I was lucky enough to grab a Sean Bradley ODST. Slowly building up my collection of helmets. I'm not sure which to build next

P8160118.jpg

P8160117.jpg

Update: Cut out the visor section, trimmed the out the main hole also. Fitted the visor and sanded all the way up to a 2500 wetsand on the SB ODST helmet. Next thing is primer then satin nickel, toothpaste, then gunmetal and its pretty much done from an exterior aspect

sorry for the 2nd post, but I finished my SB ODST helm. I just need to pick up some more screws for the visor

The color kinda got washed out in this one, but it has the visor in
P9010124.jpg

here is a better pic of the actual color
P9010024.jpg

I used red primer so that I could sand down in some spots to give the look of blood splatter in some areas.
P9010023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back