Balthezar's Armor: Left Bicep Pepped (2-11-09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually bondo brand is not recommended by a few members on here ( including me), it is a pain to sand and has pinholes and bubbles. But it is the only kind I can find in my area so I am stuck with it.

How is the elmers brand resin working for you I had a heck of a time getting the mix right. Where I could work with it and still have it harden in a couple of hours had to triple the hardner I added to get it to cure.

LastSpartan said:
Paint the resin, don't soak up the paper. You did alright. Now, you can add many more layers. I put 7 on mine.
Awsome, good to know! wow... 7 layers? That was more than I was expecting. haha, better get crackin!

Privateer said:
How is the elmers brand resin working for you I had a heck of a time getting the mix right. Where I could work with it and still have it harden in a couple of hours had to triple the hardner I added to get it to cure.
I had to add a couple more drops than expected. maybe you poked your hole weird and the drops were too small? I dont know. Actually, the first batch I tried hardened into a ball inside the cup. But I put 10 more drops than was needed... it didnt seem to be getting tacky, and I would rather figure out how much is too much, than to put it on my armor and find out that it wasnt enough... anyways, more resin to come with sun-up!

UPDATE:

two more batches of resin finishes the outside of the torso.
DSC07084.jpg

DSC07085.jpg

Cant wait to start fiberglassing so I can cut it in half and start the hinge-work I have planned! Stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Small little update: Finished the HD Codpeice. Im keeping it in two sections for now to keep it from warping. I'll put it together, resin it, and cut it open later. Not exactly sure where all the hinges and latches are going to go on this one... I'll figure it out eventually. :)
DSC07092.jpg

Aww, come on guys. If your going to answer someone's question, you might as well show them what they missed, not just tell them about it. Thats what the noob forum is for! Here's the link:

Halo 3 Pepakura Download Hub

Codpeice was by CrackHead, under Master Chief level.

haha ever the keeper of the peace balthezar lol. but you are right. and if you aren't going to give them a link. at least tell them where to start looking... this is a rather large place we have here at the 405th lol i'm still finding things ! lol

and good work on the cod =D. i can't wait to start work on my armour !! lol i want to show progress pictures !!! *throws little temper tantrum over the fact that he is stuck at university* lol

im enjoying watching your progress man- we both started around the same time, were both almost the same height/ build, and we seem to be using the same pep files! its like getting a sneak peep at what my own peices will look like!!

hopefully then we can help each other out regarding scaling etc!

by the way ive pepped the thighs- using Goku's hi def unfolds at a scale of h=382 and they're a bit tight on me (you can see the photos in my own WIP topic) - i know you're going for a chunky look so id make em bigger if i were you! hope thats useful to ya!

Sure sure! I know what you mean. Ive been using Abrant3 's sizing tutorial on youtube. He's 6' 3" I think... (bout the same as us). You should totally check him out!

Ive started my left bicep, and Im putting a layer of resin on my chestpeice each day. Updates soon!

its always good to wear cup....especially if its a mrk 6
cups are a need. you know just in case... :p
Are you planing to go all out on this armor of yours? :eek:

Shad0wJ0ker said:
Are you planing to go all out on this armor of yours? :eek:
Not sure what you would concider 'all out', but yes. Im going to make it as realistic as posible. This isnt going to be a flashy show held together with chewing gum. All of the hinges, buckles, moving parts, lights, and even ventalation and custom sewn underarmor, when I get to it.

Im currently fiber glassing the torso. Ive cut it into its respective halves, and Im strengthening enough to attach the hinges, on both the gut plate and the sections themselves. *shivers* I feel an update comming in within a week, but I need to buy more resin, latex gloves, brushes, and mixing cups. Burned through the ones I had quick!

Woah, no support struts on the chest piece during resining?! :eek: What a risk taker you must be! : D

I guess you are lucky that the chest piece didn't warp or set wrong. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back