Basic Beta Models by Robogenisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robogenisis

Basic Mk VI Models by Robogenisis

This thread is just for the basic Mk VI models. If you're looking for my high detail models, you can go HERE.

CLICK HERE to see pictures of the models and pieces.

Files included in the Mk VI pepakura model pack:
  1. Mk VI Helmet
  2. Chest Piece
  3. Belt
  4. Mk VI 1-piece Biceps
  5. Biceps Only
  6. Mk VI Shoulders Only
  7. Forearms
  8. Hand Plates
  9. Thighs
  10. Shins
  11. Boots
DOWNLOAD

To scale, enter your hieght in inches. The full scale it 86 (Masterchiefs hieght). Enjoy :)

How do you recommend we scale it? By the measurements at the bottom of the screen or by the scaling formula?
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys that.

Full scale is 86 (the Mastechief's hieght), so you just need to scale it to your hieght (In my case 72 because I'm 72 inches tall). That should get you the proper scale.

Robogenisis said:
Full scale is 86 (the Mastechief's hieght), so you just need to scale it to your hieght (In my case 72 because I'm 72 inches tall). Taht should get you the proper scale. :)
As far as I can tell, you just made it so the scale in your models works exactly like the scaling formula. But it doesn't, however, account for the addition of a few inches (if necessary) for a good fit. I just know that putting in 74 (I'm 6'2") into the scale will give me too small a helmet. I know this because I've made a helmet that size, and it's too small. Adding 3 inches to my height (just as you would with the scaling formula) gave me a better size.

Just something to keep in mind. This is going to be different for everyone, since no one is built the same, and no one is built like a super hero. (i.e. 7 'heads' tall)

Last edited by a moderator:
amazing.

too bad i cant use it, im using syflos armor.

it looks BEAUTIFUL though.

i got a big fricken file with all the stuff ive found.

you have your own seperate file. be proud.

they look great. i like how you made the scaling so easy too. awesome.

when do you think you will go back to working on your high-def ones?

I'll get back to the high quality models soon. I just want to finish the perms first, and that won't take too long (maybe a week?)

bigdrock44 said:
they look great. i like how you made the scaling so easy too. awesome.

when do you think you will go back to working on your high-def ones?

ya the scalling is great. i am actualy printed out the pieces and labling them right now. the scalling took me about 5 mins to do in total. the only thing that i changed was that i made the lines as thick as they can get.

Robogenisis said:
I'll get back to the high quality models soon. I just want to finish the perms first, and that won't take to long (maybe a week?) :)

sweet. your high def boot looks awesome. how long do those high def parts take you to make on average?

sweet. your high def boot looks awesome. how long do those high def parts take you to make on average?
I think it took me a week or two. I guess from the day I posted that I was making higher def models, to the day I released the boot, it took 11 days? A couple of those I wasn't able to use a computer, and it just depends on the piece. For instance, the hand plate will probably only take me a day or two, where the chest piece or helmet (I'm not really planning on doing the helmet, FS's is pretty good) would take a bit longer.

THANK YOU ROBO!!

Those shoulders are exactly what I was looking for!!!

Now if I only had a printer to access print them out!
LOL

Good ole murphies law.

Finished the biceps and are working on the thighs. They look great, and I think I'm actually gonna use Bullseye Shellac to seal them, and then papier mache them. Then I might hot glue the inside using AoBFrost's technique.

Thanks for posting these.

Hey Robogenesis, once I finish all the pieces, do you want me to post a pic of me wearing them as an example of what they turn out like? Just need to do calves, forearms, chest, handplates, and boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back