Battletech Mechwarrior Outfit (Reactor Online, Weapons Online, Sensors Online...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma LS

Sr Member
Started this project awhile back but it's going to be my next con outfit when it's finished. When I was originally going to post it, the site was undergoing it's change to the new forums so I didn't get to post it here.

IMG_2990.jpg

So this is based on the old 3rd Succession War bucket helmets that were much more bulky than the Star League helmets or 4th War and later recovered tech helmets. Helmets are so variable in the art that I went with a custom that tried to stay thematically with the common bits.

For those folks unfamiliar with 'em here are the only references I had to work from that were pretty close (Original 80's publications).

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

And a close up of the scrawled kill markers.

IMG_2995.jpg

I have dressed up the buckles to look more futuristic, built the coolant flow control and housing and made the tube ports to attach to the vest.
IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

I modified the glove with some parts of my old bow fingerguard. I think it makes it look unique. Also the fingertips are hinged so you can pop them back for some added dexterity if you need it.

IMG_3075.jpg

Also modified the vest so the helmet fits on it right.

IMG_3074.jpg

And this is the whole thing so far. Apologies for the expression but Mech jocks are suppoesed to be pretty full of themselves especially in the 3rd War.

Pilot.jpg

That's just pure awesome I need to see if I can dig up images of my seond costume I ever made which was a Mechwarrior Atlas 7 feet tall and at the time I was 5'8" when I made the suit and I used insulation foam board to do it with.

Love this suit! NEver thought I'd see anyone build one. Now if you go abt building an elemental, man that would be EPIC!

Thanks. Building an Elemental is on my list that goes Finish T51b, Make/Buy Mk Vb, Make Elemental, Make Fytech

Got my old 80's Battletech gummy guns in from Italy. Finally have an accurate slugthrower for this outfit. Now I just need to build a holster for it. I think I'l leave the orange tip to keep it con-safe. I have one extra that I'll be putting up in the classifieds shortly.

IMG_3200.jpg

Mold is done. Just have to wait for the mothermold to fully cure, trim it up and make the first cast. Really wish I had used rebound 25 for this but all I had lying around was a gallon kit of dragonskin Q.

IMG_3207.jpg

have to say 2 big thumbs UP , im a little bit of a mech fan , if you need any other pics to work from ,i have a ton of BT,RT,MW, files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back