Beat Halo 3. SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam said:
there were no big earth battles. I didn't feel like I was fighting for earth... i felt like I was just in another isolated covenant battle that really didn't matter.

Where was the big defense of earth battle? Where was the bombing of earth cities? Where was the feeling of imminent destruction?

Why is there so much popup in the game???
Its too short i just almost beat the game i got the game and played it for 2 hours (on easy im waiting till you guys play co op) and im on the 6th level? 2 more levels and ill be done in like 1hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't care about the ending; and what I mean is that I don't feel happy, nor sad. I guess if anything I feel a little disappointed. It just seemed kinda like, "Duh, we knew that would happen" in a way.

People griped about Halo 2 having a bad ending - pffft.

The first levels were great; the ones on the Human Maps - - but as soon as they jump to Covenant/Halo maps, it just became the same ol' "run, shoot, run, shoot."

Hell, when Arbiter is with you, just give him the sword and let him to kill everything.

Speaking of the Sangheili Slaughterer - - I do wish I got to play at him (not Co-op mode), but real missions as him - - I like him more than Chief anyway.

Adam said:
there were no big earth battles. I didn't feel like I was fighting for earth... i felt like I was just in another isolated covenant battle that really didn't matter.

Where was the big defense of earth battle? Where was the bombing of earth cities? Where was the feeling of imminent destruction?

And wtf happened to the battle on the Starry Night TV Spot? That battle was nowhere to be found. Also the musem fight. or one like it as they said was in, wasn't in the game either.

the game was too short, entirely too easy on legendary, and the ending was a cop out.

we beat it in under 6 hours, only had trouble on the last stage, and then said "WTF? thats it???"

why no huge earth battles like they led us to "believe" would happen? i understand the name of the franchise is "halo", but the last thing i wanted to do in this game was end up on another halo ring. i wanted to finally fight on earth, and see destruction everywhere. those "believe" ads had me all choked up, because when earth is getting destroyed, you actually give a crap. covenant ships, halo rings, even the ark blowing up doesnt exactly evoke any emotion in me.

i got completely fed up with cortana and gravemind flashing in, slowing me down, and annoying me with cryptic jibber jabber that not only didnt make any sense, but didnt add anything to the story, AND wasnt ever explained as to why they were even saying it.

speaking of gravemind, what a complete cop out in what could have been the most bad ass battle of all! fighting a giant tentacled flood squid monster could have been awesome. imagine blowing tentacles off to keep your teammates from being dragged in! bungie dropped the ball on this. teaming up with the flood was too short lived, it would have been awesome if it lasted longer.

fighting scarabs was awesome, big outdoor battles with tanks was awesome, and finally being able to fly human vehicles was awesome. but where was the elephant? and only two section of the entire game had air battles? boooooo

overall, its a huge improvement over halo2, but as far as storyline goes, bungie has gone "The Matrix" on us.

seriously, they should at least make a halo 4, but i doubt that would happen, but this time, master chief comes back, the arbiter comes back, the elites do also, and also the brutes. this time, all those people are on a team, and the opposing team is george w bush and dick cheney. Hell, that would be an all out war.

Adam said:

hahaha OMG I was scared to post those exact same thoughts here, cause I thought you guys would eat me alive. They promised HUGE battles, and the biggest battle was fighting twoof those spider things. I thought that most of the game was suppose to be on earth, and most of the time i couldn't even tell i was on earth. There wasnt a whole lot of story, just a bunch of objectives. The cut scenes are probably about 15mins in length if you put them all together.

I think a lot of people wanted MC to go down in a "blaze of glory" but instead he kinda had a wimpy ending >_< and still didnt take off his helmet! lol (even though that actually wasn't that big of a deal, it would have brought "closure" on the aspect)

I'd give the game a 9.0 not perfect 10's like im sure its going to get from a lot of media.

I felt like I was a member of an extermination squad rather than MC fighting in desperation to save our homeworld. I have mixed feelings. I felt like the story with the covenant just stopped after Truth was killed. Where were the rest of the brutes or did I singlehandedly kill all of them? Lots of things could have been differently but ultimately we got what we got. It was worth the wait(in line), it was worth the time to play, but I don't know if it was worth 3 years. I really don't want Halo and Marathon to end up teaming up to make some big story as that just seems cheap to me. I guess we'll see.

Adam said:

i was looking forward to seeing the John 117 monument battle and the starry night battle. oh well, looks like theyll just have to make halo 4 to satisfy me :lol:

Before this game came out I was thinking, man, thisll be better then graduating, or getting married! Now its like, meh, I got a GED instead =/

(not intedned to offend anyone with GED's. Just making a point ;))

I was really hoping that Master Chief was going have a lot more personality in halo 3, but nooooo he probably says aboout a freaking paragraph the WHOLE game :sleep:

Legendary... Too Easy... You obviously have not played it solo. The 9th level, Cortana I think, is stupid crazy.

And the legendary ending doesn't help answer anything, just makes more questions.

I wouldn't say easy of all of it ok it was kinda easy the only thing I felt was really hard about it was trying to find the jackals that were sniping you and kill them, that was really pissing me off. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Demerean said:
Legendary... Too Easy... You obviously have not played it solo. The 9th level, Cortana I think, is stupid crazy.

And the legendary ending doesn't help answer anything, just makes more questions.

i have played it solo. its still too easy. legendary on the first halo was infinitely harder.

yea, halo legendary was super hjard. i think bungie just made the game easier for noobs, coz you know, 7 year olds play too. haha. seriously though, the game was gay. not so gay, but gay. i mean, one of the funnest part was crows nest and all those drones. bungie has to make a halo 4: the beggining or something, where 500 years pass and the master cheif blah blah and finds out something happen to earth and all that jazz. or, the halo movie has to be the conclusion.

optimusaint said:
i have played it solo. its still too easy. legendary on the first halo was infinitely harder.

Meh there still multiplayer! I havent seen the end yet but i might this weekend when i go over my friends

optimusaint said:

Hey optimus were you playing by yourself or co-op I was just wondering.

the campaign was good, just good, halo 3 was just to make money supposidly from xbox live, because its much more popular than the campain secton, so im guessing that they focused most of there attention on multipayer

S3MPL3 said:
i was looking forward to seeing the John 117 monument battle and the starry night battle. oh well, looks like theyll just have to make halo 4 to satisfy me :lol:

YES! WTF mate?

No announcement trailer scene, no starry night, no "believe" battle (which I thought was how H3 was going to end). To second what Adam said, I didn't feel like I was fighting for earth at all.

I enjoyed the ending though (after the credits). But many are debating whether he is in a parallel universe or just "somewhere in space".

As far as Halo 4 goes, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a tandem release with the next xbox. Yeah, bungie is taking a well-deserved break from halo, but they're not necessarily done with it all together. "Halo 3 is the end of the trilogy". Every third game in a series with an undetermined final number of games is the end of the trilogy for the most part.

Oh, and on a separate note: GOD I WANT THE SOUNDTRACK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back