Beat Halo 3. SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would much rather play lengendary with a group of people then attempt it myself. I'm wondering how much difference there is in the legendary setting. Is the end lengthened or is it the entire way through the game that is altered. Plus I unlocked the "IWHBYD" skull and would like to play through the game with it turned on seeing as it unlocks additional dialouge through out the game.

Sean Bradley said:
I'm glad with how it ended and also glad that people who didn't play it in Legendary didn't get the whole story. Hah, serves you right for rushing through a great game

What are you talking about. That video at the end is in all the modes, apparently people just don't watch the credits all the way through... (unless its a different one, but there is one after the credits in the normal one)

I played through on normal mode (solo) first time, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It took more then 4 hours... I spaced out over a few days after work. Then I went through it again on normal mode in about 4 and a half hours (solo again) on the weekend because I didn't have my xbox on live when I first played it, so I had to change profiles and it lost my accomplishment... I will be starting legendary on wednesday I believe, since there is new shows on tonight and tomorrow.

I'm glad I played on normal. I will be glad when I beat it on legendary too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, First of all I'd like to say- Hey all, I'm new to the forums and I just want to say, I'm a HUGE Halo fan!

Now, Secondly I want to add-

TwistedCory, thank you SO much for clarifying the ending for me. I was confused as to how the Arbiter and the Master Chief got seperated.

Now, I'd like to add in a small, minor theory of my own into the mix as to why there will definitely be an additional Halo game that will most likely follow Master Chief. We all know that Bungie has already said that Halo 3 will be the conclusion to the story arc, but that does not mean that the entire story is over. It can mean that it is just the ending of the first chapter and the start of another... Why do I think this? Spoiler alert-

Highlight to reveal-

You know how in the ending of Legendary, Master Chief and Cortana are both seen drifting away into outer space, but then a large planet, clearly inhabited, appears in the horizons? I believe it to be the Forerunner's home planet... What else could it be? This might mean that the Forerunners are still, in actuality, living and breathing, and probably aware since the prophet had attempted to activate the Ark.

Anyhow, I like how the IWHBYD skull was found so fast, when Bungie had claimed that it should have taken quite a while for anyone to find it. XD Now there are videos all over youtube on how to get it.

An True Hero said:
Heh, First of all I'd like to say- Hey all, I'm new to the forums and I just want to say, I'm a HUGE Halo fan!

Now, Secondly I want to add-

TwistedCory, thank you SO much for clarifying the ending for me. I was confused as to how the Arbiter and the Master Chief got seperated.

Now, I'd like to add in a small, minor theory of my own into the mix as to why there will definitely be an additional Halo game that will most likely follow Master Chief. We all know that Bungie has already said that Halo 3 will be the conclusion to the story arc, but that does not mean that the entire story is over. It can mean that it is just the ending of the first chapter and the start of another... Why do I think this? Spoiler alert-

Highlight to reveal-

You know how in the ending of Legendary, Master Chief and Cortana are both seen drifting away into outer space, but then a large planet, clearly inhabited, appears in the horizons? I believe it to be the Forerunner's home planet... What else could it be? This might mean that the Forerunners are still, in actuality, living and breathing, and probably aware since the prophet had attempted to activate the Ark.

Anyhow, I like how the IWHBYD skull was found so fast, when Bungie had claimed that it should have taken quite a while for anyone to find it. XD Now there are videos all over youtube on how to get it.

You might want to check the post I made on the previous page here. I personally have not seen the complete end of the game, but I believe what you are refering to is in the Marathon games. Sorry, but I think your idea maybe a little far fetched. Not to say that it's not possible, just not likely what bungie was hinting at.

23Magnum said:
You might want to check the post I made on the previous page here. I personally have not seen the complete end of the game, but I believe what you are refering to is in the Marathon games. Sorry, but I think your idea maybe a little far fetched. Not to say that it's not possible, just not likely what bungie was hinting at.

Has Bungie not already stated however that the two series were completely unrelated? (Though despite being similiar.) Anyways, what I spoke of was just simply a theory. I'm a major Halo geek and I've read all four of the Bungie endorsed Halo books released thus far and I really do think that it would be nifty if that aformentioned planet was indeed the Forerunner's homeplanet....It's entire landscape had been glittered with citylights which hinted at an extremely advanced civilization.

Officially no the two are not linked, but still several references still seem to keep popping up. Examples-terminals, armor variations, along with the spartan and marathon connections in actually history.

Also I think you might be taking my point of view as an attack to yours and not just an alternate idea. I'm not saying who is right and who is wrong just an idea I think would be as equally cool as it being the forerunner planet. It may in fact be a combination of both, who knows, guess we'll have to wait till they decide to really tell us.

i think that big planet-thing might be onyx or some other shield world, and maybe in the next game (which wont be "Halo 4" because the halo rings are finished with, it'll probably just take place in the same universe) the chief and the spartans in the dyson sphere thing will be reunited

also, if you get the legendary edition and look on the bonus disks, where the forerunners are talking about levels of technology or society or whatever, they say that no known species has ever exceeded their level of technology except the "precursors". now i dont know who or what the precursors are, but maybe they'll delve into something like that in the next game.

just throwing my theories out there. now to go pwn some n00bs on xbox live :)

Sean Bradley said:
It sounds to me like too many of you were in a rush to see the end of the story. You should have played it in Legendary first, instead of rushing through the game then going 'Wah! WTF 4 hours to beat it! Rip Off!"

I played through Legendary in 11 hours and I was completely satisfied with the experience. I'm glad with how it ended and also glad that people who didn't play it in Legendary didn't get the whole story. Hah, serves you right for rushing through a great game!

Seriously... You should have savored Halo 3...

thank you sean.. i was waiting for somebody other than me to speak up..

it took me about the same amount to beat on legendary and i was totally satisfyed.

Hell of a game...but with the ending that it had im pretty sure there has to be something more in store for MC and Cortana

Rememeber just because Microsoft says that this trilogy is over doesnt mean that MC isnt out of any future installments it just means that the Humans won...the battle against the Covenant is over, the war that this whole game series has revolved around is finished.

AWESOME GAME.... but it was short and the end is..... well its not an end..... maybe theres gonna be 1 more not likely im not really sure i really hope theres another halo (not halo wars) a sequel to halo 3!

TwistedCory said:
Chief, looking tired.. gets in a cryo-chamber and basically tells Cortana to wake him when she hears something.

Actually, the Chief says "Wake me, when you need me." There was a lot of sentimentality going on between the Chief and Cortana... It actually got to me. Not in a bad way, mind you... It was things that you'd really have to play the other 2 Halo's to get, like when Cortana says "Keep your head down. There's two of us in here, now..." That's one of the things that made the story good for me.

I'm just going to say, it was might satisfying to finally take down down 343 Guilty Spark. After all that time spent in Halo 1 futilely shooting at him in frustration as he lead me through the library, it was nice to finally be able to shut him up.

I hated that little floating light bulb.

I don't know if Sarge's death was worth it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back