Becoming Emile-239

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo

Hello 405th.

Yes, I know that it seems like everyone is doing an Emile build around here these days, but it still has yet to be done (i.e. finished) by anyone, so really, every Reach build happening right now is completely unique, so I don't feel too bad in tackling it myself. Also, can you blame me for wanting to have an Emile suit?! Just look at it!

Pretty much all of the unique armor bits are being built more or less from reference and scratch. Some parts of the default armor will be modified versions of others' files, with their permission, of course. (I'm picky that way.) I could wait much longer to post progress, but my hopes are that you all might get excited and help me with the stuff I miss! I'd like this thing to be damn accurate. That being said, I will be playing the "artist's interpretation" card. A lot...

EDIT: The one and only Brandon McClain has graciously invited me to become a part of the [post='24665']Noble Team: Reach Collaboration[/post]. An honor, indeed. So I'll now be working with them to successfully complete this build and hopefully many others. The opportunities are endless!

Anyway, this first post is to serve as a sort of index or time line to the progression of the build, with links to all other relevant update posts. (I hope to post a lot of updates, and I know what it can be like trying to dig through a thread to find a certain post.)

PLEASE NOTE: The models I have created for this build are for my personal use and the use of those I am working with. As I mentioned before, some of the work isn't even completely my own. For these reasons, I won't be releasing the files publicly. At least not yet. Thank you.

Constructive criticism welcome and appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
(I know, "double post!" but I'm not really bumping since my thread was just made...)

Modeling progress thus far. I can't wait for school to be out (Graduating! Hell yeah!) so I can buckle down and bust through these...

helmprogress4-15.jpg

The model above was started by deleting everything but the resized front part of the visor from the Halo 3 EVA helm and working from there. Most of it is scratch.

rightshoulder4-15.jpg

Still needs some scaling work, but I think I've got all the detail in there I want. Just have to make the size right and then add some divisions so it can be unfolded smooth.

AceNat said:
yeah emile!! too many jorges being made, ahah nice cant wait to see more, i'll be watching :D

Wait, wait. You're making a Mk VI suit, and you're complaining there are too many Jorges? Irony is a sweet lover I hear.

Sorry for the OT Nick, but this was way too funny to pass up. Files are looking good so far.

AceHigh said:
Wait, wait. You're making a Mk VI suit, and you're complaining there are too many Jorges? Irony is a sweet lover I hear.

Sorry for the OT Nick, but this was way too funny to pass up. Files are looking good so far.

no ahah sorry i didnt mean that in a bad way, i meant you dont see many emiles around.. argh bad wording .. sorry!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I'm pretty stoked to see it coming together as well!

Unfortunately, I'll be away from my computer this weekend, and the time I will have at it, I'll be cramming out a paper that's due monday, that I should have been working on for some time now. So maybe expect some progress later next week?

Can't wait til school's over...

Nicktendo said:
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I'm pretty stoked to see it coming together as well!

Unfortunately, I'll be away from my computer this weekend, and the time I will have at it, I'll be cramming out a paper that's due monday, that I should have been working on for some time now. So maybe expect some progress later next week?

Can't wait til school's over...

good luck with your paper :D

I cant wait till school's over too, it seems to limit my progress as well :p

cant wait to see another update!!!!

just need to clean up the edge flow on the helm your useing way to many tris and will end up alot smother in the end

Looking good! If you need the unfolds done, feel free to fire me off a PM. Also, Kasper did a great sculpt of the Emile shoulder, you may want to check it out in the Reach Collaboration wip. Loving the helmet. It looks like it will be a great model!!

Spartan 051 said:
just need to clean up the edge flow on the helm your useing way to many tris and will end up alot smother in the end

Oh yes. Once I get the proportions right it's only a matter of drawing new edges along the surface and deleting the old ones. Hoping to do a "smooth unfold," and have just a couple solid strips for the visor in the end.

kasper said:
great work so far dude i cant wait to see the helmet done

Brandon McClain said:
Looking good! If you need the unfolds done, feel free to fire me off a PM. Also, Kasper did a great sculpt of the Emile shoulder, you may want to check it out in the Reach Collaboration wip. Loving the helmet. It looks like it will be a great model!!

Thanks guys! Means a lot to me seeing you in here. You'd better believe I've had my eye on your collaboration... You got room in there for one more?!?! ;)

Alright, well my paper is done. I can model in peace...

Yes, I know double post... But I come with updates!

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am very proud of this model, and very excited about building it!

2010-04-20_helm1.jpg
2010-04-20_helm2.jpg

Unfolding starts soon! :D :D :D

yeah much cleaner you still could take a out a couple but why waste the time

EDIT: I need to try my hand at that helm just for fun looks like an easy one to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back