Best and worst Halo enemies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumgoot

What are your favorite enemies from Halo? As in your favorite to shoot at? Grunts are fun to kill, but I think I would have to say brutes. To me they are intimidating and tough, and I tend to dislike gorillas/baboons and I have always found furry monsters much more scary than reptilian ones. Therefore, I sort of "hate" brutes and get that extra satisfaction from killing them. That sounds kind of weird doesn't it? Anyways, those are my thoughts!

Hunters are great as well. While playing ODST I went inside a building and the Hunter followed me:eek: It was really spooky with those green eyes glowing in my VISR. I died. :whistle:

P.S. Prometheans are pretty lame in my opinion. Hard to shoot, and not very fun to kill. :devil:

If you have the birthday party skull on or even better the grunt funeral skull in Halo CE Anniversary - boy I could headshot these cute devils all day! :D
Other than that Elite Zealots in close quarter with energy sword or pumpgun. Noscope Sniper killed one of these on legendary - awesome :rolleyes:

Drones are so annoying - too quick and hard to hit. Gives me flashbacks of Geonosis. Too many of those buggers! They're everywhere, noooo! Fall back! Damn, wrong universe:confused:

Last edited:
If you have the birthday party skull on or even better the grunt funeral skull in Halo CE Anniversary - boy I could headshot these cute devils all day! :D
Other than that Elite Zealots in close quarter with energy sword or pumpgun. Noscope Sniper killed one of these on legendary - awesome :rolleyes:

Drones are so annoying - too quick and hard to hit. Gives me flashbacks of Geonosis. Too many of those buggers! They're everywhere, noooo! Fall back! Damn, wrong universe:confused:

Oh I know, buggers we're so hard to hit in Reach and ODST. They were a neat concept, but I feel like they are the least iconic Halo aliens. Yep, Star Wars fan here, too:D

I appreciated in Halo 5 how they took the promethians and the hunters and turned them into tanks that require very precise hits to kill. It forced me to take cues from Dark Souls and wait for the perfect chance. Same goes for the Warden Eternal. I know some people did not like halo 5 but i'm getting into specifics here.

WORST enemies of all have to be the Jackal snipers in halo 2 on Legendary. Never mind the fact they kill you in one shot but you need to become a combination of Deadshot and John wick to actually kill them in the few frames you have to do so. Even then, there's never just one.

I used to hate dealing with the flood until I realized that they turned halo into a zombie apocalypse game. Once I realized that a fully loaded shotgun will answer most of their probing interview questions they became an annoyance at best. Setting aside game play, the flood disturb me as a concept. Their viral nature means that all must be destroyed and after reading "the flood" by William C. Dietz, the story of the experience felt by captain Keys of having his memories probed and then literally ripped from his consciousness scared the crap out of me.

Best Enemies have to be the Reach Elites. Not only are they the most viscous and Daring but they offer a nice challenge of gameplay, often requiring the noob combo to take down. It forces you to keep those weapons on hand should one show up. I know I'm leaving out a lot but that what I have for now.

Last edited:
Oh boy, ColdFireD96 do you have seen the terminal in Halo CE Anniversary mission ,,Keyes"? Where they show the Captains fight with the proto gravemind?
It is absolutely fear inducing, extremely terrifying! It is portrayed like a vivisection of the mind, pure torture! The dark atmosphere was well captured, really impressed me. Worse than being killed, after that you think:,, Yeah, better die by a halo than having entire species go through this....."

Edit: Yeah, a shotgun is key in flood filled levels like the library. The flood is a danger because of numbers. On legendary you'll have to time shotgun rounds, firing at the last second, and aim properly with grenades to quickly finish off the survivors.

Last edited:
I like H5 multiplayer, but I feel like 343i changed the AIs too much to make fighting them fun.

So just from the older games..my vote is hunters H1-3 for favorite. I like how intimidating they seem. The music always ramps up, they usually have a good entrance into the fight, there are always two of them, but then they are not that hard to kill. I usually dance around them with a shotgun and kidney-worm punch them till they die. Makes me feel like the super soldier god I am!

The worst for me, between H2 Jackal snipers and H2 Buggers. The Jackals had too good of aim. They shouldn't have been able to 1shot you 400 yards away the millisecond you stepped out of cover for the first time. For the Buggers, I thought they had just a little bit too much health for how hard they were to hit and how much suppression they put out.

worst halo enemies jackal snipers on halo 2... ahahahah

best enemy suidce grunts because they'll just run at you with not one but too plasma grenades and when your motion tracker is like ten enemies in the area and you kill one elite and you know theirs two others then the next thing you know your getting blown sky high because somebody wanted to give you a hug.

I appreciated in Halo 5 how they took the promethians and the hunters and turned them into tanks that require very precise hits to kill. It forced me to take cues from Dark Souls and wait for the perfect chance. Same goes for the Warden Eternal. I know some people did not like halo 5 but i'm getting into specifics here.

WORST enemies of all have to be the Jackal snipers in halo 2 on Legendary. Never mind the fact they kill you in one shot but you need to become a combination of Deadshot and John wick to actually kill them in the few frames you have to do so. Even then, there's never just one.

I used to hate dealing with the flood until I realized that they turned halo into a zombie apocalypse game. Once I realized that a fully loaded shotgun will answer most of heir probing interview questions they became an annoyance at best. Setting aside game play, the flood disturb me as a concept. Their viral nature means that all must be destroyed and after reading "the flood" by William C. Dietz, the story of the experience felt by captain Keys of having his memories probed and then literally ripped from his consciousness scared the crap out of me.

Best Enemies have to be the Reach Elites. Not only are they the most viscous and Daring but they offer a nice challenge of gameplay, often requiring the noob combo to take down. it forces you to keep those weapons on hand should one show up. I know i'm leaving out a lot but that what I have for now.

I can see your point. In H4 prometheans could be shot basically anywhere.

I like H5 multiplayer, but I feel like 343i changed the AIs too much to make fighting them fun.

So just from the older games..my vote is hunters H1-3 for favorite. I like how intimidating they seem. The music always ramps up, they usually have a good entrance into the fight, there are always two of them, but then they are not that hard to kill. I usually dance around them with a shotgun and kidney-worm punch them till they die. Makes me feel like the super soldier god I am!

The worst for me, between H2 Jackal snipers and H2 Buggers. The Jackals had too good of aim. They shouldn't have been able to 1shot you 400 yards away the millisecond you stepped out of cover for the first time. For the Buggers, I thought they had just a little bit too much health for how hard they were to hit and how much suppression they put out.

Yeah, Hunters are awesome! I agree with you as to the accuracy of the Jackals, they're just annoying, but it is satisfying when you spot them and take 'em out. Buggers seemed a little tough. Like Flying cockroaches

best enemy suidce grunts because they'll just run at you with not one but too plasma grenades and when your motion tracker is like ten enemies in the area and you kill one elite and you know theirs two others then the next thing you know your getting blown sky high because somebody wanted to give you a hug.

Kamaikaze grunts is a good concept.

worst would have to be the new forerunner enemies, they're so dodgy with a weird art style and they're annoying as **** to fight

Favorite enemy: Grunts and Elites. The Elites present a tactical challenge, because especially with my play style there's no real trick to them. And Grunts + M6 = good time, especially with the Birthday Party skull on

Least preferred enemy: Drones. Too many HP for what they're supposed to be, and too random in movement for a hive-minded creature

Favorite enemy: Grunts and Elites. The Elites present a tactical challenge, because especially with my play style there's no real trick to them. And Grunts + M6 = good time, especially with the Birthday Party skull on

Least preferred enemy: Drones. Too many HP for what they're supposed to be, and too random in movement for a hive-minded creature

I like the idea of drones, but they were really hard to fight. I remember trying to use the shotgun (thinking, it should be like a duck hunt) and it didn't work super well. And waiting for them to land felt too easy.

I like the idea of drones, but they were really hard to fight. I remember trying to use the shotgun (thinking, it should be like a duck hunt) and it didn't work super well. And waiting for them to land felt too easy.
I just sprayed in full auto until they were thinned enough that I could finish them off with precision weapons, but the ammo waste always irked me

I just sprayed in full auto until they were thinned enough that I could finish them off with precision weapons, but the ammo waste always irked me

Yeah, it doesn't always grow on trees. I really like certain weapons and I get annoyed when I run dry and need to switch to something else.

I love fighting a grunts on legendary in reach/ODST cuz of DMR/M6 SOCOM and the birthday party skull. And of course the elitse becouse of their AI))

I absolutly hate a jackals in H2, and the knights+watchers(or whatever they called i forgot :p)
Knights becouse of teleports and melee. Watchers - they are resing all the time. And without a nice weapon they annoing

H2 Brutes will always be the bane of my playing. It always feels like no matter how much ammo you dump into them or how much you get up in their face and punch them, it never feels like they’re dying. That is until they keel over and I’m left there like “Oh thank goodness they’re dead.”

I was looking for one of these, those bastards

I have to say back in the early days, the elites were the most satisfying to kill because they were the harder of the enemies (excluding the hunters of course) And as soon as the grunt birthday party was released it made grunts way more entertaining to kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back