Bevbor's C3PO head (Dung0beetle's edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

I was asked to unfold Bevbor's C3PO head, but in the process of unfolding it, I noticed some errors in the model. I've fixed the errors and I've been editing it for accuracy. In it's original state, there were lots of tiny parts that didn't look like they would be worth the hassle to try to work with. Here is Bevbor's original compared to what I have edited.
C3POcomparison.jpg

C3POcomparison2.jpg

I'll probably be ready to unfold it in the next day or so, but it's my birthday today, so I'll probably do nothing :p

It is a 2 part helmet that should fit together nicely once fiberglassed. I left out the vertical strips on the eyes because they are so thin, you can just use thick card or something cut to fit. I may add detail to the neck joints (the little circles at the neck), and I may add a tiny bit more detail to the mouth. The area between the nose and mouth have been smoothed out as well as the back of the head. There will be some small parts on this model, but the amount of them is at a minimum.

I'll post a download link as soon as I get more done on it. I just noticed that I forgot to rotate the circular doohickey on the back of the head. I modeled it following the mesh flow, and forgot--oops.

Finished unfolding the A4 size. I didn't look very hard, but I couldn't find the proper dimensions of this thing, so it is guaranteed to be not the right size lol.
Download the A4 version here.

Letter coming soon. I left the yellow material on the model for no particular reason. I hid the edge id's, so you will need to change that option in pepakura if you want to glue by the numbers.

Hey DB,

I though I saw you had this but not sure... Didn't you make a Ep3 Clone trooper helmet?

~James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back