Bigger Head Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many of you had to cut yourself a bigger head hole despite your scale being correct? I THINK I have the correct scale for my helmet (at least for my head to be comfortable INSIDE), but the problem is getting my head in hterer to actually find out. So, how many had to cut bigger head holes, or did most of your helmets slip right on?

Ral Partha said:
If you're assembling FS's HD Mark VI helmet, you're supposed to trim the opening.

It is FS's HD helmet. Can you point me to a topic that says to trim and how much to trim?

Last edited by a moderator:
First, You simply cut as much as needed to fit your head inside, there is no definite exact measurements you need to cut. Everyone has to cut the inside brim to fit, they reason the models make it as such is for the smaller head people. You can always take away but it's a bit harder to add on. Secondly, use the Q&A Team, we don't bite but the more topics that are created = more bandwidth = more money out of Adam's pocket. These questions have been asked before but people can't find them through search as easily because useless topics bury them deeper in the search results. That's why we offer this service to you, help us to help you.

Cheers,
Kensai

I scaled mine correct, but the model itself had a small neck hole, so I had to trim it before it just slipped on and off with ease.

WitnessOfTruth said:
Can you point me to a topic that says to trim and how much to trim?
There isn't any. Even FS made no mention of it in his thread. We say this from experience. Plus, the faces that made the opening narrower were there as anchors for the support struts. After taking out the struts, those faces need to be removed or trimmed, too. As others have already said, you simply trim as much as you need so that your helmet slips over your head easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have DF4L's HD aka the old HD, and i cut the back neck armour so it has a hinge, and trimmed a little- but i'm still working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back