Props Bioshock Logo. . . Thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparton 110

Jr Member
Easter holidays are finally here in Britain, so two weeks of free time!

As some of you probably know, 2K (the developers of Bioshock) are releasing a sequel to there epic game. so i decided to put the hidden project on hold and start a mini project inspired by the future release of bioshock 2

basically i have made the Bioshock logo out of foam board, which i am planning on painting.The project so far has taken me about 1 hr
below are some progress pics. sorry about the crappy quality camera; it just a web cam on my laptop!

here is the basic shape of the logo. i got the shape by printing a bioshock logo onto some foam board then cut it out using a craft knife/exto knife < what ever u americans call it!

Then, using the knife and metal rule i cut in the lines. I did the same process of making the basic shape to make the raised area around the edge except i cut out the centre.

once the basic logo was finished i started to create the small buildings for the bottom of the logo. some of the areas i squashed down to give the overall logo a scence of depth.

I placed the building onto the logo just to show you where they will go. now for some painting!
update will be pretty regular due to the small size of the project

oh btw this is the bioshock logo just in case you didnt know

Great minds must think alike. Looks good. .
I have been working on the same type of thing for a friend, thats why its slow going. I dont want high jack your thread so let me know if you want me to put the the pic up. Thought you might like it for ideas.
What size is yours logo?

smick6 said:
Great minds must think alike. Looks good. .
I have been working on the same type of thing for a friend, thats why its slow going. I dont want high jack your thread so let me know if you want me to put the the pic up. Thought you might like it for ideas.
What size is yours logo?

hehe yes they do! yeh go right ahead, put your photos up i need some inspiration! its about 30cm in length so quite small. so yea, pictures plz!

Last edited by a moderator:
haha i totally agree, they should of left Bioshock at one game, not saying im not looking foreword to the 2nd game, its just i think it might spoil the franchise . . .

SPARTAN110 said:
haha i totally agree, they should of left Bioshock at one game, not saying im not looking foreword to the 2nd game, its just i think it might spoil the franchise . . .

I have faith in them. Game informer just had a 5 or so page article on it an d it sounds really cool. Sometimes pulling of the good ideas is a problem, we will see. Here is a pic of my project.

smick6 said:
I have faith in them. Game informer just had a 5 or so page article on it an d it sounds really cool. Sometimes pulling of the good ideas is a problem, we will see. Here is a pic of my project.
The article was awesome and very informative the game is going to be awesome.

Spartan, nice work. Can't wait to see it all together.

Richie said:
The article was awesome and very informative the game is going to be awesome.

Spartan, nice work. Can't wait to see it all together.

Need to read that artical . . . apparently you play as a big daddy? true?
well heres a small update some painting and weathering done but the photos will not upload for some reason!

btw smick your bioshock project looks outstanding is it made from MDF?? oh and the big daddy's coming along great!
photos will be up asap!

SPARTAN110 said:
well heres a small update some painting and weathering done but the photos will not upload for some reason!

btw smick your bioshock project looks outstanding is it made from MDF?? oh and the big daddy's coming along great!
photos will be up asap!

Ya mine is mdf.
Look forward to your pics.

SPARTAN110 said:
Definitely, if you're a fan of Bioshock then you will definitely like the article and what it talks about. Gameinformer is all I read.

Bigalt424 said:
I got a free subscription of Gameinformer with my Gamestop Edge card. It's a good magazine.
For some reason i can only upload files that are 13.33 k but the photos i wanna upload are about 140k! Strange this has never happened before?! Is there any other way i could put my photos up? Im really eager for you guys to see them.

Cheers,

SPARTAN110 said:
For some reason i can only upload files that are 13.33 k but the photos i wanna upload are about 140k! Strange this has never happened before?! Is there any other way i could put my photos up? Im really eager for you guys to see them.

Cheers,

Use photobucket or imageshack to host your pics. Check out their websites.

That building all the way to the right goes out instead of in. This looks great, you should make a little daddy to go with it lols.

Sorry i havent been able to do much to it today, my day has been packed! Just finished a gamebattle match(we won 2 out of 4) it was my first! Got some unbeliveable no scopes!
Enough about my day. . .

Smick: the paint is just normal acrylics. I really enjoy working with them; you can recreate corroded areas extreamly well with acrylics.
The web cam is crappy and down grafes the quality off my work - it looks better in real life!
Thanks for the feed back guys its really apprisiated more updates tomorow! im pretty tired, i think im off to bed (dont worry its 10:20 over here)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back