Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Smokes! Where've you been hidin ShArk? lol, thanks for the comments guys, it makes me feel like i'm actually doing somethign right, for once :p <3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlacRoseImmortal @ Aug 2 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Holy Smokes! Where've you been hidin ShArk? lol, thanks for the comments guys, it makes me feel like i'm actually doing somethign right, for once :p <3</div>
Once I saw you made this thread, I knew this was gonna turn out great. ;) You got talent! :D

Thanks alot se7enheads! That means alot coming from you :]

SR Update: I started the body templates finally, I didnt bother to take pictures this time because I only just started and it looks weird right now lol. I hope to work on and off with the templates once I get some more disposable brushes (those went fast :lol: ) and resin.

Yes, more pics, please!

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Thanks alot se7enheads! That means alot coming from you :]

SR Update: I started the body templates finally, I didnt bother to take pictures this time because I only just started and it looks weird right now lol. I hope to work on and off with the templates once I get some more disposable brushes (those went fast :lol: ) and resin.

Stupid question, have you tried cleaning your brushes with acetone? (If you're using natural-bristle chip brushes, synthetic bristles don't like acetone)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lazy, I like to just buy a big ol' bag of brushes for $5.00 and just toss them away after I soil them with alot of resin lol.

If i get the urge to show my early template stage.... i'll take 1 picture tonight.... maybe lol

hot damn, thats lookin purty! fix it up wit some rims, a stereo, and a coupla plasmas and yer good to go!
*pimp my halo armor pilot episode*

in all seriousness, it looks like a great job kelly, you should change the color on the scope bar, red dosen't suit it. whatever, its lookin better everyday.

are you planning on molding it? you may have the only detailed sniper rifle on the forums!

oh, and by the way- use laquer thinner when cleaning resin off, it works better and is a bit cheaper than acetone. bad thing is, its just as dangerous as the resin. lol i prefer the smell more than the goo though.

I'm gonna rebuild the "bridge" this weekend with aluminum and bolt it into the legs, at least thats what I'm hoping to do lol. As for molding, that was my intention at first but since I screwed up the rubber on the stock (misaligned measurements) I wont be able to mold this because it isnt perfect. And as far as I care, you can only mold perfection :sleep:

But thanks for the lovely comment Matt, I feel alittle bit better about my work now :] <3 ( I kinda went into a depression after seeing the WETA Sniper Rifle in Adam's pictures with Walter and Devin :/ )

BlacRoseImmortal said:
I kinda went into a depression after seeing the WETA Sniper Rifle in Adam's pictures with Walter and Devin
Ahh, but they are professionals, and you came in with determination. And you've got yourself a d*** good sniper rifle coming from that determination.

I forsee this rifle to rival WETA's upon completion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that WETA has on you are professional prop makers, time, equipment, and loads of money! You have the will and determination to see this through and that's all you need. Trust me Kelly, it'll look just as good as theirs when you consider all the factors. Can't wait to see the scope finished plus the other part. Waiting patiently to see what you do with both of them.

I dont think WETA's sniper has a working scope, it dosent look like it from any of the pics.... So your already one up on them!

Meh, the WETA one looks good but it doesn't look like it has a scope that works, so urs is better cause when ppl try to scope in they'll actually see sumthing in there! :D. But frankly the way this is going i reckon that your's is gonna turn out just as good as WETA's. Keep up the good work kelly :D I'll be rootin for ya on the sidelines! *in Australia* lol

- JoobiDoob

But, you know, you have put something in your sniper rifle that WETA could never do.......
LOVE!! :p

thats the difference between mass produced and homemade stuff, too. theres love in your creations.

can't say the same for me. i gots no love. :cautious:

Thanks guys. As I have come to find out, my camera has gone missing.... I think my family took it with them when they left for vacation :cautious:. So, that being the case, all the progress Ive made will have to wait until next week to be revealed... and I'll be damned if I have this thing 90% complete by then.

UPDATE: Well, I guess not much is gonna be happening with my builds for awhile... Ive had a herniated disk in my spine for a long time but since yesterday, I have practically become immobile. I can't really move at all and I had to call off work for at least the next day till I can regain some control over my grinding disks :cautious:. I am in extreme pain and i'm pissed off that I cant do anything for myself right now... oh and did I mention I'm all alone in my house for the next week? Ugh...

So to hear that Kelly. I've dealt with back problems (with the GF) so I know your pain. Hope you get to feeling better - perhaps see a doc for the pain? If I was a lot closer, we'd come over and help ya out! Hang in there girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back