Blue Screen Madness!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDCrockr209

Id there anyone out there that can help me get rid of the dreaded blue screen freeezes? I am REALLY starting to get pissed off from having to do the whole system restore thing over and over.

I would greatly appreciate the help.

-Pony

It's likely that either you have a major virus on the computer or something is wrong with either the system software or hardware that is malfunctioning if it happens again could you write down the code and information that appears in the blue screen that would help define the problem when it occurs and keep it from happening again.

The blue screen doesn't last very long to write down the information. I guess that cam do it in sections.

-Pony

I have the same problem all the time. I think I just have so much stuff on my pc that it can't process all of it or that it tries to process all of it at one time... I wish that I could help you out. :(

Step 1: sell your computer for as much as you can.

Step 2: buy a mac.

ow wait, then you can't run pep. hmmmmm...

Ya, just a small one. A mac would definitely solve the blue screen issue though. I gotta say, Microsoft has a ton of great products, but their OS's aren't one of them when it comes to your casual computer user. I understand they're great for more computer savvy folk, but I'm not one of them (yet), so I hold OSX as a great system thats simple and reliable. So anytime I hear about people having PC trouble, I just sorta shake my head, laugh, and think to myself, "shoulda spent the extra $1000 on something that WORKS". The only major downside is the lack of compatible programs, but there's ways around that... sometimes. But enough of my rant, this has been way off topic, I had a similar problem a number of years back. Got to the point where I just dumped it and got myself a macbook pro. Sorry I really can't be of much help.

P.S. I'm a mac-head if you haven't noticed

If you have your Windows disc (XP, Vista or 7) you can insert it and run a repair install. If you have one, hit "R" in the CD's main menu on startup.

The problem you are encountering can generaly mean a couple of things
either theres a fualt with the software wich restoring will generaly fix but considering that it isnt working it either means
your hardrive/disk has died
the way to test this is to go to the boot menu (F2 at the very start of turning the computer on) and selcting run HDD diagnostic
if this doesnt fully work then the hardrive/disk is dead if so then it will either be the RAM or worst case cenario the mainboard/motherboard
a good idea to test before replacing the RAM/HDD/Mainboard is to do a backup of your harddrive then formate the harddrive and reinstall another operating system.
sorry if this is confusing,

I have the same problem all the time. I think I just have so much stuff on my pc that it can't process all of it or that it tries to process all of it at one time... I wish that I could help you out.

I also have a ton of stuff on my computer. I guess it's time for another system purge!

your hardrive/disk has died
the way to test this is to go to the boot menu (F2 at the very start of turning the computer on) and selcting run HDD diagnostic
Going to try that right now.

a Mac, lol... good luck playing decent games with a Mac. What a waste of money.
I love my computer games!! There is no way i'm switching to a Mac no matter how many times Justin Long says it's better than windows!

-Pony

I forgot to say that I get the blue screens when I'm on the Internet.

I hope this helps in getting this problem fixed.

-Pony

Can anyone tell me why the blue screens come on while I'm on the internet?

-Pony

And no, this isn't a necro.

You can have incompatible plug-ins in your browser that cause your system to crash. Try reinstalling your flash and divx plugins and make sure you don't have any ActiveX junk from disreputable sites. Could also be a nasty virus infection of your browser or win32 internet stuff.

Also try using a different browser for a bit, and have Task Manager open when you start up your comp so you can recognize if there's anything weird running on your comp.

Hit your comp hard with a full combo AVG/Malwarebytes/Spybot S&D scan and follow up with a hijackthis.exe to look at what else is messing with your standard system settings.

Best I got. It really seems like a sofware problem to me.

there many options.. posible solutions:

* update all your drivers
* clean your Pc [internally]
* check that the cables are properly connected or the plugs
* clean the registry
* reinstall your web browser
* check the ram modules individually with memtest
* check the HDD for bad sectors

- You need write down the info on the red boxes that will help better identify the problem
There are many possible causes, need to get that blue error screen says.
Stop by xxxxx.exe .. or .. 0x0000000000 stop something like that

considering that it mainly happens when your on the internet it may also be something you(or someoneelse) has installed thats changed your settings but mostlikely be some form of virus that has deleted a sector that your web browser needs to run
if so then its just a software fualt and you will need to reinstall the operating system
a quick word of warning if you are to do any form of major change Make a backup of everything you want to keep onto and external hardrive/usb/cd/dvd before continuing to prevent any loss of work
another alternative to see this problem as is a sign or an excuse to upgrade your computer to a monster machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back